My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To be or not to be? That is the question..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tossle with this notion on whether a fraternity is fitting. Indeed many of my family dating back to bovarian times have been a member. What exactly does go on I am not sure, but my Grandfather was a Mason as well as a Shriner. He was a good man; an honest man and ww2 vet with a good heart and ears to listen. He was not of forked tongue. Was he inclined to display such qualities prior to the brotherhood or was he molded into such? I love history as well as numismatics and have been made aware of what I suspect to be some of the esoteric knowledge. If this is a brotherhood only, I have that in my brothers from the 82nd. If this is a drinking club it is not for me. If this is knowledge which can be found via the internet I suppose it defeats the purpose. Must one travel east to seek enlightenment? Or can enlightenment be found in the New Testament alone? Will my civil liberties be suffocated by such an organization? If one finds this may not be for them upon initiation, will there be a way out? Thank you.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
...If this is knowledge which can be found via the internet I suppose it defeats the purpose. Must one travel east to seek enlightenment?
Nah. However, it IS a metaphor for traveling toward the source of Light. Have you eve tried to become enlightened without Light?
Or can enlightenment be found in the New Testament alone?
Nah. However, if you study the seven liberal arts and sciences, you'd be less likely to misinterpret it, and other scriptures. And you'd be more likely to understand them much better and clearer than those who haven't. Of course, if you do, you'll become a target of the ignorants among us who think they know better, quote only one source and have power they really shouldn't.
Will my civil liberties be suffocated by such an organization?
Nah. However, don't expect to change the BS you'll see being practiced by members who rise to power within the organization.
If one finds this may not be for them upon initiation, will there be a way out? Thank you.
Yep. Just demit, quit or stop showing up.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Nah. However, if you study the seven liberal arts and sciences, you'd be less likely to misinterpret it, and other scriptures. And you'd be more likely to understand them much better and clearer than those who haven't. Of course, if you do, you'll become a target of the ignorants among us who think they know better, quote only one source and have power they really shouldn't.
Nah. However, don't expect to change the BS you'll see being practiced by members who rise to power within the organization.
Yep. Just demit, quit or stop showing up.
Very good!

I gave it a lot of thought. Don’t think it’s for me. I respect the philanthropy and history... but I don’t believe you have to travel east to seek enlightenment. To me it is within your heart when you let go of all hate. Liberty. Freedom. Respect. I have studied history from from Greek to to Egyptian to Babylonian. From the great arcanum to phabes and that of Thebes. History has shown the sun comes up and we rise again... but sun worship has lead to the downfall of every civilization of the last 10 millennium. To me Jesus Christ or the attoinment was God in flesh. Sometimes one must suffer in this world for long term peace of mind. I wish you all peace of mind. Have a good day.

Respectfully,
~Jason Becker (10th great grandson of Rudolph Zacharias Becker)

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I gave it a lot of thought. Don’t think it’s for me. I respect the philanthropy and history... but I don’t believe you have to travel east to seek enlightenment. To me it is within your heart when you let go of all hate. Liberty. Freedom. Respect. I have studied history from from Greek to to Egyptian to Babylonian. From the great arcanum to phabes and that of Thebes. History has shown the sun comes up and we rise again... but sun worship has lead to the downfall of every civilization of the last 10 millennium. To me Jesus Christ or the attoinment was God in flesh. Sometimes one must suffer in this world for long term peace of mind. I wish you all peace of mind. Have a good day.

Respectfully,
Happy Trails!

Winter

Premium Member

Respectfully,

I think you got some bad info friend. Freemasonry is not sun worship. In fact the overwhelming majority of its membership is Christian. But you don't need to belong to it to find wisdom. Plenty of good men become wise without it. Safe travels.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I think you got some bad info friend. Freemasonry is not sun worship. In fact the overwhelming majority of its membership is Christian. But you don't need to belong to it to find wisdom. Plenty of good men become wise without it. Safe travels.

I'd add: It is clear from all his posts that the preconceived notions he put forth make him a bad fit for all involved.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I agree with you on this point. Some people just would never fit and that is OK.
Yep.
On another note, Do you think I should start listing my ancestors in my signature? Perhaps that would impress you? Or maybe make you shake your head?
Nah!

But if you were to qualify your typical urine flow, ie: quarts/second, pressure in pounds/meter, temperature in degrees Kelvin and potential energy release damage in Joules/second, it would sure keep off potential contenders who may want to get into a contest with you.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
“This sad little lizard told me that he was a brontosaurus on
his mother's side. I did not laugh; people who boast of ancestry
often have little else to sustain them. Humoring them costs
nothing and adds to happiness in a world in which happiness
is always in short supply.”

Np. Carry on gentlemen. I’m a proud American and saved by the blood of Jesus Christ who is God in flesh. When the NWO kicks in I would simply request a quick death since I fought in all of your wars and obeyed all of your laws.

Elexir

Np. Carry on gentlemen. I’m a proud American and saved by the blood of Jesus Christ who is God in flesh. When the NWO kicks in I would simply request a quick death since I fought in all of your wars and obeyed all of your laws.

There is nothing in freemasonry that is against christ or the christian religion.

It does however in general accept all religions.

The NWO does not exist. Freemasonry is not united by a supreme ruler or council but rather by agreements between grand lodges concerning certain factors.

Ok sorry I saw that Alex Jones program they were talking about the masons are going to murder all of the Christians after the 3rd temple in Jerusalem was built. Glad it’s not going to happen.

Winter

Premium Member
Ok sorry I saw that Alex Jones program they were talking about the masons are going to murder all of the Christians after the 3rd temple in Jerusalem was built. Glad it’s not going to happen.
Yeah, there are some real whack jobs out there that like to paint us as some malevolent world dominating organization. Don't believe everything you hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.