My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To our Brethren in Australia

CLewey44

With the attack today/yesterday, I hope you, your families and friends are all safe. I'm sorry this atrocity happened to you at all, much less during the holiday. Recover well with love and persevere.

Bloke

Premium Member
Thanks for that and your thoughtfulness . Very sad time for a family to get a phone call on an injured love one.

A very close friend walked through that spot about 2o mins before - its an access point to Flinders St station and the only point in the city which has pedestrians crossing diagonally across the road.... I know it is bad and tragic, but really, the mental state of the guy was the cause - if he was a real terrorist, the kind people in Pakistan or Iraq have to deal with - he could have killed hundreds.... but that is little consolation if it is your 4 year old on the ground.

I was in the city that day an hour later - a few members of my mother lodge got together at a pub. We heard about it then, but there was not a somber mood either among us or in the pub. The Bourke St Mall one was worse - 6 died earlier in the year including kids, but all loss of life is terrible in such circumstances.

Let's hope there are not fatalities, and everyone is waiting to hear more of the off duty policeman who arrested the driver..

May you all be safe during this Holiday time.

CLewey44

Oh my, I hope everyone recovers and especially your friend. It's unreal what people are doing to each other in the world right now.