My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total Eclipse Hours Before the Solstice

Timothy Fleischer

I woke up at 1 a.m. and watched it in our backyard with my wife and daughter and dogs!
We had our Masonic Lodge meeting a few hours before. Salado Masonic Lodge is one of the few Moon Lodges left in Texas.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
is it possible to have an "earth lodge" on the moon, then? lol.

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
is it possible to have an "earth lodge" on the moon, then? lol.

Well, Tranquility meets all over the state, "until such time a lodge building can be constructed in our home jurisdiction." When they do get it constructed, I think I will need to catch a ride with someone. I'll chip in some gas money. lol

owls84

Premium Member
Well I guess a few of you caught the Total Eclipse of the Moon but who saw the Total Eclipse of the Heart???

[video=youtube;840B27zYfOk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=840B27zYfOk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
I see you Bonnie Tyler and raise you the Dan Band.
[video=youtube;cIRiZsDObrU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIRiZsDObrU[/video]

JohnnyFlotsam

Premium Member
Sandra and I were lucky enough to catch a few glimpses of the event through the clouds. It was worth every minute of lost sleep.

Now that's funny right there... :wink:

For sure, but it's going to take some work now, to get my brain to unhook the "The Dan Band" images from those of the eclipse. Eeewww... :28:

dhouseholder

Sandra and I were lucky enough to catch a few glimpses of the event through the clouds. It was worth every minute of lost sleep.

Last Monday night was a very important night at our lodge.

The night of the Total Lunar Eclipse held some very important allegorical connections at Sugar Land Masonic Lodge and the number 3. This is a bit of what I discussed at the Lodge.

1) It was December Stated Meeting
2) It was the night that we voted to institute our pet project of a 501C3 corporation. (3 being a key number) This project has been the accumulation of many, many brothers, working diligently on this project for over 5 years.
3) It was the exact 3rd anniversary of me being raised as a MM.
4) It was the exact 90th Anniversary of the founding of our Lodge (9 being 3, 3 times)
5) It was the night in which 3 Heavenly bodies were in perfect alignment.
a) The Sun in all of this, represents the Golden Rule being golden in color; to remind us of that important rule of charity.
b) The Earth in this is representative of the Earthly realm in which we are to conduct our labors.
c) And the Moon representative of our Will; for it is on the Tarot, that great symbology, in which the High Priestess sits between the pillars B&J, with a moon resting upon her brow denoting thought.
d) The shadow of the Earth, cast by the Sun, resting on the Moon.
6) And it was the beginning of the birth of the Sun, being Winter Solstice.
It was a night in which I will never forget.

MasonicTexan

Yeah it was kind of overcast, I stayed up till 2, but didn't see a thing.
Next one is supposed to be in 2014, so that's a little better than 400 years.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Think it'll be hard to fill the chairs up there? at least without some sort of mechanical attachment. And, just how much assistance would a SD deem necessary to prepare a candidate?

Have these issues been explored?