Traveling Abroad

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by JMartinez, Mar 4, 2019.

1. JMartinez

JMartinez Registered User

Any Brethren travel abroad? Do you wear Masonic jewelry or accessories while traveling abroad? I know it’s not safe everywhere, do you in places that are?

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Mobile

Bloke likes this.
  2. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Yes, to 15 jurisdictions outside the US, and Serbia in June.

Outside North America, I do not wear emblems that would be recognized by non-masons.

Blake Bowden and JMartinez like this.
  3. Mark Stockdale

Mark Stockdale Premium Member

I have a small discreet lapel pin that you'd really need to get a good look at to know what it is and I also wear a modern ring, but again you would need to be paying close attention to know what you were looking at.
    ring.jpg

JMartinez likes this.
  4. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Welcome back Brother JMartinez. Haven't heard from you in a while.

Bloke and JMartinez like this.
  5. JMartinez

JMartinez Registered User

Good to be back Brother!

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Mobile

Warrior1256 likes this.
  6. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

I have yet to travel outside the Americas since becoming a Mason. I would likely wear a Forget-Me-Not pin as it is more discreet, while some may not "get it" I think it is a safer bet.

7. Mike Martin

Mike Martin Eternal Apprentice Premium Member

My friend Tom came to England a few years ago and he wore this everywhere he went.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Rifleman1776

Rifleman1776 Registered User

That is a good question and can be important. Even in countries that are NOT anti-Masonic, there will always be a nut case walking around. Personally, I would probably not wear any Masonic jewelry if traveling abroad.

9. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Indeed, that is one of my reasons: personal security. Nothing stands out like a ‘Merican like a big gaudy jacket.

10. goomba

goomba Neo-Antient Site Benefactor

I wear a ring (http://store.jemsbyjem.com/ensqandcomam.html) most of the time. I've worn it in Morocco, Italy, France, and Greece. In Morocco I forgot to take it off so for a brief moment I was worried. But I came to the conclusion that the ring is not very flashy so people don't pay any attention to it.

Mark Stockdale likes this.
  11. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

I’m always lit up when I travel, great conversation piece..Meet a lot of Brothers this way...

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

12. Okla. MM

Okla. MM Registered User

On my next birthday I'll be 70 (raised 3-1977) but in my twenties and thirties I traveled, worked and lived overseas as a civilian for several years and always wore my S & C Masonic ring and never had any problems.

Nowadays I might tend be a little more discrete about my Masonic affiliation in certain areas of the world.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Bloke likes this.

Share My Freemasonry