My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Types & Subtypes of Masons

Cmills24

Great idea! I’m a newly installed JD in St Marys Ontario Canada. Our new officers are a bunch of guys in their 30s mostly and we are looking to kick some life into our lodge via a similar route! Great thinking, Brother!

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

BroBook

Premium Member
Hello, brethren. I am my Lodge's education officer and I am working on research originally made by Bros. Mason Pratt and William Burkle on the "brands" of Freemasons. I am looking for Brothers to score themselves 1-5 in six different categories:

SOCIALITE: Attends social events, lodge, and generally promotes social brotherhood.
LEGISLATIVE: Actively takes up the role of officer and participates in lodge business.
RITUALIST: Devotes time to degree work and memorizing the ceremonies of Masonry.
PHILOSOPHER: Seeks the real meaning and knowledge of the rituals and symbolism.
HISTORIAN: Researches the extensive subject of the history of Masonry.
FIDUCIARY: Contributes to the financial well-being of Masonry, charities, etc.

Levels:
1 Basic
2 Average
3 Good
4 Expert
5 Master

With this information, I intend to help my Lodge's retention committee to see what our members are strong in and where they would like to improve. If you could leave your name, years as a Mason, and where you would like to improve, I would greatly appreciate it (would only be shown in a Lodge presentation at most). Thank you to anyone who participates.

Q. E. L. Schuetz, M.M.
Shekinah Lodge No. 241 • IL
Murphysboro Lodge No. 498 • IL
I am a 5 in all categories, I make a conscious effort to lead by example.

Sent from my LML212VL using My Freemasonry mobile app

Keith C

Just seeing this for some reason, I'll play along!

My name is Keith, I have been a Mason for a bit over 3 years. Currently Senior Warden in my Lodge.

Socialite - 3 I enjoy the social aspects but don't "live for it."
Legislative - 4 Served (briefly) as JD and SD, served as JW and SW, will be WM on December 27th. Also on several committees.
Ritualist - 4 Know all 3 degrees, have conferred several EA and FC Degrees, always attend District Instruction nights.
Philosopher - 3 Don't really see the point in ritual if you do not seek to understand the meaning behind it
Historian - 4 Really enjoy the history of anything!
Fiduciary - 2 Pay dues early, contribute whenever it is sought, sat through Audit Committee meetings as a learning opportunity and yeah...not my cup of tea!