My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UGLE

Bloke

Premium Member
Well it's close enough. If you saw it, it shouldn't look foreign. I'm sure there is a brother that has researched this topic

Sent from my 831C using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

No researched it, but proven people from several countries and 5 continents (Europe, Nth America, Sth America, Asia and Australia). Brazil was probably the most different. Let's just say he was declined entry and I had to work through the Grand Secs office...

BullDozer Harrell

We know its not. For instance the third degree dis not exist on yhe 16th century, if there was something akin to speculative masonry, it was more likely about Noah ( can't think of the supporting doc. That weakens my point - sure someone will help) tha HA, a character from the yet to be incorporated 3rd degree..
The Graham manuscript contains something about the Noah legend.

Sent from my SM-N910P using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

BullDozer Harrell

Do you brothers think signs, ob. Etc are the same ?
From what period to now? If you're speaking from the early days of Anglo Freemasonry since the Grand organization in the 18th century, then i would guess that the signs, passes, grips and probably the OBs are still close enough to the originals.

Personally i can't see too much that would have been changed even after the Morgan affair and numerous exposes before& after that great Masonic episode.

Sent from my SM-N910P using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app