My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Military Mason

Steve_G

Good morning Brethren and Military Brothers. I introduced myself in the newbie thread but didn't notice the Military section until later.
I'm a current serving member of the British Army, and in June will have served for 25 years! I, at one point worked with 7 Masons who were all from the same Lodge, this eventually got me interested in, and joining the Freemasons as one day I was out doing a hill walk with two of them and the conversation got around to Freemasonry and eventually the question of "Steve, have you never thought about joining?"
I'm very lucky in the fact that my Mother Lodge has many Brethren that are both ex and serving Army, Navy and Air Force. It makes for fun evenings and good old fashioned inter service rivalry!

TXStrat

I was fortunate enough to land an exchange assignment to the UK before retiring from the Army. Was posted to Lulworth Camp in Dorset for three years. Fantastic assignment. Top blokes, and the most beautiful walk to and from work I've ever experienced. Something about watching the sun rise over the channel that's hard to beat.

I imagine the banter in your Mother Lodge must be fun! Welcome!

stevenellis11

Hi Steve , I myself am ex UK military, may I ask what arms you served in ?

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry