My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vacation to Washington DC

ThanatosTA

Premium Member
I'm planning a vacation to Washington DC in the next few months and I'm wondering if anyone out there might have any recommendations on some of the Masonic sites out there. I will hopefully be a M.M. by the time I have the cash saved up for the trip, and will be going to the House of the Temple and the George Washington National Masonic Memorial. I have been there twice as a kid and teen, but now I want to see things through a different set of eyes so to speak.
Can any of you recommend some places that have "Awed" you before I just go to Google and wing it?
Thanks,
-Scott

relapse98

We have 2 brothers in our lodge that are from Fredericksburg Lodge #4, http://masoniclodge4.org/, the mother lodge of George Washington. That lodge still has the bible that George Washington took his obligations on, an original Gilbert Stuart painting of George Washington (same picture from the dollar bill) and many other artifacts. Looks like stated meetings are 2nd Fridays, called meetings every Wednesdays. I plan to visit #4 when I'm in DC next.

sgttmenezes

I'm from Brazil and I have the same plans. I'll from July 8 to 16 in NYC and from 17 to 22 in Washington DC and I really want to visit some lodge in both cities. Any recommendation?

Freemason Connect Mobile