My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vanguard Lodge Program

Bro. Kurt P.M.

2018 14G DCO
Premium Member
Does your lodge participate in the Vanguard Lodge Program? If so, who coordinates it and keeps track of the requirements? if your lodge does not participate...why not?

dfreybur

Premium Member
My Texas lodge completes the Vanguard program almost every year and. Tracked by the WM and Sec.

My Illinois lodges do the Grand Masters Award of Excellence program which is nearly the same and has a slightly more obvious name. Tracked by the executive committee of MW, SW, JW and Sec. Both of my Illinois lodges have completed the requirements for more than 15 years in a row leading their districts.

California also has a similar program. My California lodge does through phases whether it is tracked or not.

The name Vanguard is not obvious but I do think it a good name. Lodges that complete the program are leaders in their districts and thus in the vanguard of Masonry in the public eye.

Bro. Kurt P.M.

2018 14G DCO
Premium Member
The short explanation is ....The Vanguard Lodge program when implemented pretty much shows that your lodge is active in a number of categories

Lodge Improvement
Community Involvement
Member Service
Masonic Education
Fraternalism
Mentorship

It's actually a great tool for a Worshipful Master to plan his year with

MWS

We have something very similar in Ontario called the CORNERSTONE project. From the documentation "Its primary purpose is to encourage and recognize lodges that plan, implement and manage a well rounded yearly lodge program that promotes lodge activities, brotherhood, charitable work and involvement in the community."

Great to see Lodge improvement projects in other jurisdictions.