My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vanishing or vanished from Lodges

Rifleman1776

I have a fairly extensive collection of Masonic and Shrine memorabilia. I have been collecting these items for many years. Shrine stuff is much more common, probably because Shriners are dress up and party types. That makes the acquisition of an interesting Masonic item of far more interest to me. In my collection I have these five Lodge ashtrays. Smoking is a far less common thing to see these days and essentially gone from Lodges. And, in my opinion, good riddance. Anyhow, they are still part of Masonic history. I would like to find more ashtrays for the collection before they all end up in dumpsters. I suspect there are carton loads in storage closets around the country. Knowing Masons, no one wants to be responsible for trashing Lodge property. Oh, well, I hope you enjoy looking at these. The one in the lower left corner is my favorite. It is made of a base metal and bronze finished. It has a number of Masonic symbols on it, such as: All Seeing Eye, the two columns, apron, Bible and, of course, Square and Compasses. Right now I am in the midst of discussions with a museum for them to possibly acquire my entire collection for permanent display and protect. If this happens, people will be able to view and enjoy for many-many years to come. Hope y'all enjoy.
Masonic ashtrays.jpg

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Nice collection. I'm a new MM but I have already started collecting Masonic knic knacs. (I probably spelled that wrong)