My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visitation between Lodges

Kelcey Trotty

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered before on this forum, but I'm new here so I'll ask anyway. Is visitation between Prince Hall Lodges and "regular" lodges allowed in Texas?

dfreybur

Premium Member
Would the brethren like to work together to submit legislation in December to modify the recognition compact? Our leadership is reactive on this topic so the time has come to work proactively from the grass roots up.

Since recognition is the topic it should cover all PHA jurisdictions - It should include all currently recognized states and roll forward as more states achieve recognition. I would like to start circulating legislation but it must be submitted according to the rules of GLofTX by installed WM and so on. I thought it over and have decided that it should apply to all PHA jurisdictions that have recognition and that it should automatically include more states as they achieve recognition. Doing it that way saves going through this process as housekeeping again later to apply everywhere. previously I had posted in this sub-forum suggested wording that only referenced our two Texas jurisdictions.

This is the wording I suggest. As I have not yet gone through the line in Texas I can't be a top line signer here.

Proposed legislation for the 2014 Annual Communication -

Whereas the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas has been recognized for several years by the Grand Lodge of Texas, the United Grand Lodge of England and many other regular and recognized jurisdictions, and

Whereas there has previously been in place a custom recognition compact in place between the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas and the Grand Lodge of Texas, which compact did not include visitation, and

Whereas standard recognition compact between regular and recognized jurisdictions includes visitation, dual affiliation with jurisdictions that support dual affiliation and all of the traditional amenities between regular and recognized jurisdictions, therefore

Be it resolved that the Grand Lodge of Texas offer the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas the full standard and traditional compact of recognition to bring our jurisdictions from partial amity to full amity.

Be it further resolved that the Grand Lodge of Texas offer the full standard and traditional compact of recognition to all other Prince Hall Grand Lodges that have been recognized in their respective states.

Be it further resolved that the Grand Lodge of Texas offer the full standard and traditional compact of recognition to additional Prince Hall Grand Lodges as their states achieve recognition.

Respectfully submitted,

Lots of signatures of WMs, SWs, JWs, PMs, DDGMs and various other enthusiasts

Cc: Committee on Fraternal Relations, Committee on Legislation, Grand Secretary's office, elected grand line officers, (MWPHGLofTX Grand Secretary?)

Attachments

• GLofTX legislation to modify the recognition compact with MLPHAGLofTX.doc
    23 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:

bupton52

Premium Member
Would the brethren like to work together to submit legislation in December to modify the recognition compact? Our leadership is reactive on this topic so the time has come to work proactively from the grass roots up.

It may help to not mention to amend the compact, but to enter into a new agreement.

dfreybur

Premium Member
Thanks for the suggestion Bro Byron. With a few changes my file now reads -

Whereas the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas has been recognized for several years by the Grand Lodge of Texas, the United Grand Lodge of England and many other regular and recognized jurisdictions, and

Whereas there has previously been in place a custom recognition compact in place between the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas and the Grand Lodge of Texas, which compact did not include visitation, and

Whereas standard recognition compact between regular and recognized jurisdictions includes visitation, dual affiliation with jurisdictions that support dual affiliation and all of the traditional amenities between regular and recognized jurisdictions, therefore

Be it resolved that the Grand Lodge of Texas offer the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas the full standard and traditional compact of recognition to replace the previous compact bringing our jurisdictions from partial amity to full amity.
Be it further resolved that the Grand Lodge of Texas offer the full standard and traditional compact of recognition to all other Prince Hall Grand Lodges that have been recognized in their respective states, this offer to replace any previous compacts.
Be it further resolved that the Grand Lodge of Texas offer the full standard and traditional compact of recognition to Prince Hall Grand Lodges as their states achieve recognition.

Respectfully submitted,

Lots of signatures of WMs, SWs, JWs, PMs, DDGMs and various other enthusiasts

Cc: Committee on Fraternal Relations, Committee on Legislation, Grand Secretary's office, elected grand line officers, (MWPHGLofTX Grand Secretary?)