My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visited a Mississippi Lodge Tonight...

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
While over in Mississippi tonight, I was able to have the chance to visit a lodge and see how things are done here. I was planning on going to a lodge I had found just for a Stated Meeting, but thanks to Brother LukeD (a member on here as well), I went to a different lodge that was putting on a MM degree. Was really neat getting to meet Brother Luke finally, and getting to see the degree here was pretty amazing.

I do gotta say, I have heard a lot about how Masonry has a lot of differences in other jurisdictions, but I found out really quick that I had to give up on trying to go through the words in my mind...lol. I mean, I didn't get lost in any of the stuff but the wording was way different. There were even a couple of things in the degree isn't in the ones back home.

All in all, it was a great experience. I'm very thankful for the recommendation from Luke and the warm welcome by the Brothers in the lodge. If you get the chance to visit a lodge in another state, be sure to take the opportunity.

Last edited:

Billy Jones

Bro. Stedman,
Even though I am currently working a civilan job in Afghanistan I am a Ms Mason and I am glad that you enjoyed your time visiting our lodges there, it makes me proud that we(they) made such a good impression on you and if you or anyone are ever in Meridian on a Tues night feel free to visit us at Andrew Chapel Lodge #151