My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visiting a PHA Lodge

Mike Mendelson

Hello Brothers!

Wishing you all a great start to your week. I am a recently (this year) raised AF & AM Master Mason in Maryland. What is the protocol for visiting a PHA lodge? DO I go through my lodge or the state grand lodge? I'd really like to connect with my PHA brothers.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Correct instinct to ask. On most such issues, you would check with your grand lodge, as there is no common rule.

I might also note that while MD is AF&AM and that can distinguish your GL from PHA in MD, it wouldn’t be of use everywhere.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
If my home Lodge is in Florida but I am visiting California or Oregon, can I visit a Price Hall Lodge?
Only if your grand lodge is in amity with Prince Hall California and Oregon. The PHA GLs are sovereign grand lodges, just like State GLs.

Keith C

I would absolutely give the Secretary of your Lodge a call and have him look up if your Grand Lodge is in Amity with the PHA Grand Lodge and the specific Lodge(s) you seek to visit.