My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want to research the 5 points of fellowship and looking for good source material.

hanzosbm

Premium Member
Correction; the FPoF ARE symbolic. That is a fact. There is symbolism associated with it/them. Now, whether it is solely symbolic, and/or if that symbolism was the original intention or added at a later time is certainly up for debate. James, while I personally don't share some of your views on things, I respect that you have different ideas and I know that I don't know everything. But, even if you are correct about alternative purposes of the FPoF, as soon as any symbolism is assigned to it/them, it becomes symbolic, in addition to any other purposes.

Lightlife

Site Benefactor
Premium Member
Like many things in Masonry, I believe the Five Points of Fellowship to be reminders of our duty when we have occasion to examine the length of our cable-tow.