My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wearing the S&C in Public

MaineMason

Any brothers wear any identifing items out and about? I wear a pin on my hat sometimes and of course a decal on my truck.

Curious if any brothers regularly wear hats or shirts out and about? I've seen some cool masonic themed t shirts online that would be cool to wear around and I've seen brothers wearing S&C hats around town. Makes for a nice meet and conversation with a brother if you run into one.

Who wears a ring regularly? I wear my university ring but have been considering getting a S&C ring to wear and eventually have it become a family heirloom if God blesses me with sons who decide to become brothers one day.
When my dad raised me he gave me a ring. Our lodge has baseball caps with the square and compasses on them and he name of our lodge.I have a Scottish Rite eagle on my car, as am a Scottish Rite Mason.

ThanatosTA

Premium Member
I wear my ring every day, I have a S&C tie chain that I wear when I'm wearing a tie (and that's almost every day), I have TX Masonic plates on my car, and I have the Masonic slipper in the back window of my mother's car for her.

Bro. Staton

I have a small and I do mean small S&C on the back of my truck, about two ball caps wait I recently had some custom made so that has now increased to 4, a jacket made which is basic with the S&C of my name on the back and the typical on the front lodge name etc. No ring as of yet no tattoo etc.......

cacarter

Premium Member
I have some small displays, but nothing that outright indicates my membership. I have a keychain, a concho on my briefcase, and a small sticker on my truck. I did away with the Masonic license plates since I didn't want people hating Freemasons in case they didn't like my driving.

Lowcarbjc

Has anyone ever been frowned upon or asked to remove it at work because of "negativity it may cause" with customers or co-workers?

AndreAshlar

No outright displays of the S&C at work other than a a small S&C on the bottom right corner of my computer's screen saver. I've a discreet stainless steel ring that will get occasional wear when I'm out and about. (Just raised. Never worn it.) It's not spectacular and would probably be overlooked or missed by 95% of the people I encounter.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I wear my ring every day, I have a S&C tie chain that I wear when I'm wearing a tie (and that's almost every day), I have TX Masonic plates on my car, and I have the Masonic slipper in the back window of my mother's car for her.
Great, show the flag brother.

CloseYetFar

I after my raising received my great grandfathers ring which had to be re-sized, but I have not taken it off since the day I got it back from the jeweler. I wear it proudly everyday.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I get far more questions because of my roller derby pins and tattoo than I ever get about my S&C.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

jwardl

Have the license plate, but have gotten away from wearing Masonic jewelry unless attending a lodge function that day. No real reason for it.
As SW this year, I had some lodge jackets made up and wear it in public if its cool enough outside.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I've seen on other forums that people wearing Masonic clothing / jewelery have been approached by someone that said they would have to take the item unless the person wearing it could prove to their satisfaction they they were a Mason. Anyone experienced this?

Flatworlder

I've seen on other forums that people wearing Masonic clothing / jewelery have been approached by someone that said they would have to take the item unless the person wearing it could prove to their satisfaction they they were a Mason. Anyone experienced this?
Hmmm interesting.. How are we to know they are who they say they are? Lol. Sounds like a great way to aquire cool clothing and jewellery..

AndreAshlar

I'd never allow another man to take something that belongs to me unless my life depended on it. Masonry or otherwise.

Joshua71

Grand Standard Bearer GL of Alberta, PM Lodge #195
Premium Member
Wear my ring daily, have a few different lapel pins that I wear whenever I'm in lodge. If you look very carefully in the tail lights of my personal vehicle you will see a very subtle S&C but you would have to be close to see it lol. There are some nice lapel and lodge pins that make excellent gifts to brethren, especially when visiting and travelling :)

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
I keep my liGht on everyday and any worthy MM should also if he feels like it , I would recommend you be able to answer a few questions if asked as any MM who regularly attend meetings should be able to but if not oh well just show your dues card and keep it moving if you have been raised to the sublime degree of MM you are entitled to display the S&C or any other emblem pertaining to that degree , LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE BRIGHT