My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what do we know about the Illuminati?

Alfie13

The Illuminati is one of the world's most famous secret organizations. Their rumored membership includes many public figures. So, what do we know about the Illuminati?

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
The Illuminati was short-lived and is now a regurgitated product of '60s fiction and a hoax. Even though it was a known hoax, it, like Taxil's hoax, continues to live on in those who believe everything they read.

Bloke

Premium Member
All their rituals have been published in a very good book here recently.
http://www.amazon.com/Secret-School-Wisdom-Authentic-Illuminati/dp/0853184933/

Not sure I'd spend a dime on that book - is it about the Bavarian Illuminati, the level in the OTO or one of the other groups which adopted the name?? I've got some at the bottom of the garden plotting WW3 and the NWO, Margaret Thatcher leads them because she's actually not dead...

I've been into this thread but ignored it... but thought I would watch the video, heard the x-files theme, then got to "reptiles" and tried to hang on...but got to about a minute in.. skipped forward to look at image and saw Albert Pike and then stopped watching..

To understand this stuff, just substitute the word "Illuminati" for the word "boogeyman", the words "reported" and "thought" and "believed" and "reputed" for the phrase "made up" and you have a good source of information :)

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
The book mentioned is about the Bavarian Illuminati. It is well-researched and well-presented, not a conspiracy theory in sight.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
A Brother has re-created the jewel from that period based on information in the book...
IMG_7670-800x800.png

chrmc

Not sure I'd spend a dime on that book - is it about the Bavarian Illuminati, the level in the OTO or one of the other groups which adopted the name?? I've got some at the bottom of the garden plotting WW3 and the NWO, Margaret Thatcher leads them because she's actually not dead...

I've been into this thread but ignored it... but thought I would watch the video, heard the x-files theme, then got to "reptiles" and tried to hang on...but got to about a minute in.. skipped forward to look at image and saw Albert Pike and then stopped watching..

To understand this stuff, just substitute the word "Illuminati" for the word "boogeyman", the words "reported" and "thought" and "believed" and "reputed" for the phrase "made up" and you have a good source of information

I'm sorry, but I think you very unjustly discredit a book you haven't read. The authors are scholars, and one even a Brother from Texas, who have spent years in studying to original Bavarian Illuminati texts and translated them from German. This book is the first publication ever that has taken Adam Weishap's original texts and published them to a wider audience. It is of immense value to scholars and anyone who is actually studying the historical Illuminati.

So as I've said earlier, you can keep your conspiracy theories to yourself, but don't discredit actual scholarly work that is out there.

chrmc

All very true.

Actually it isn't. Masonry and the Illuminati is linked historically. Adam Weishaupt was a mason and the whole setup of the order and the degree system is influenced what he though was wrong with Masonry and how it could be done better. Several of their degrees were also basically altered masonic degrees.

We may not like the associations that the word Illuminati brings in modern time. But let's not try and change historical fact just because of that.

tldubb

Premium Member
Actually it isn't. Masonry and the Illuminati is linked historically. Adam Weishaupt was a mason and the whole setup of the order and the degree system is influenced what he though was wrong with Masonry and how it could be done better. Several of their degrees were also basically altered masonic degrees.

We may not like the associations that the word Illuminati brings in modern time. But let's not try and change historical fact just because of that.
LOL!!..Really

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Pro

tldubb

Premium Member
Saying to myself LSD, COKE, CANNABIS...got it! ILLUMINATI KOOL-AID fracking SUGAR the worst drug of all..sounds like you OD on the Illuminati Kool aid..

chrmc

Saying to myself LSD, COKE, CANNABIS...got it! ILLUMINATI KOOL-AID fracking SUGAR the worst drug of all..sounds like you OD on the Illuminati Kool aid..

I'll ignore the rather rude and unmasonic comments you start with, and try and keep this factual and ask which part of my statement was incorrect?

Adam Weishaupt was initiated in the lodge "Theodor zum guten Rath" in Munich in 1777.
In the Illuminati rituals the second set of rituals were called "The Freemasonic class" and had an EA, FC and an MM degree largely ripped of from freemasonry. These were followed by a Scottish Novice degree.
So if Masonry and the Illuminati wasn't tied together directly one has to acknowledge that the founder of the order was a mason, had quite a lot of masonic inspiration when making the degrees and to a large extent recruited from masonic circles.

None of this should really be very surprising nor disturbing, and is well know historical fact. I'm a little shocked if we as masons can't distinguish historic facts from modern day conspiracy theories...

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Sadly, the facts have been crushed over the years by the massive assault of fiction, especially since the advent of the Internet. People used to have to wait for a new edition of the Enquirer to get what they now read daily.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
I'll ignore the rather rude and unmasonic comments you start with, and try and keep this factual and ask which part of my statement was incorrect?

Adam Weishaupt was initiated in the lodge "Theodor zum guten Rath" in Munich in 1777.
In the Illuminati rituals the second set of rituals were called "The Freemasonic class" and had an EA, FC and an MM degree largely ripped of from freemasonry. These were followed by a Scottish Novice degree.
So if Masonry and the Illuminati wasn't tied together directly one has to acknowledge that the founder of the order was a mason, had quite a lot of masonic inspiration when making the degrees and to a large extent recruited from masonic circles.

None of this should really be very surprising nor disturbing, and is well know historical fact. I'm a little shocked if we as masons can't distinguish historic facts from modern day conspiracy theories...
Source please? Ive never heard any of that before

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

tldubb

Premium Member

Still leave the Kool-Aid alone, let's get this straight nothing on this thread has anything to do with talking " Masonic " talk. When you try to come up with this connection between Illuminati and Freemasonry. As Brother Jdmads, has asked cite your source and not this same old Adam Weishaumpt...story. Big Oh yaaah!

Last edited: