My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think about Prometheus?

M8925

Hi, Dear Brethren.

In the Ancient Mythology, Prometheus robbed the Fire from the gods, and gave it to the Humans.

If we think about this myth, the Fire would be the Light, and it would the Knowledge.

Then, we could say that Prometheus is the men’s friend, but Who is the true Prometheus in our lives, in our reality?

My other question is: What is the mean of Prometheus for you?

Greetings from Colombia.

T:.A:.F:. (Spanish).

74c1d0ea105095e39a9abd13e2525fdf.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando My Freemasonry Mobile

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
His name means "fore thought". When you realize what the myth is actually communicating, you see how "fore thought" was able to bring "the knowledge of the gods" to mankind.

Pointwithinacircle3

Fire, like Knowledge, can be either constructive or destructive depending on how it is used. So whether Prometheus is a friend or foe to man depends on whether man is prepared to handle his gift.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Fire, like Knowledge, can be either constructive or destructive depending on how it is used. So whether Prometheus is a friend or foe to man depends on whether man is prepared to handle his gift.
And both constructive and destructive are double-edged.