My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does Masonry mean to you?

CajunTinMan

Thanks, brother.............just spoke from the heart...........FREEMasonry helped me renew my focus on important priorities in life, at a time when I was having problems in my marriage. Most of those problems stemmed from lack of focus on the RIGHT things. As a 15 year Policeman with Houston PD, and an 8 year Patrol Sgt., it's very easy to make the demands of my career on these streets my scapegoat. But, I wasn't going to be that weak, and risk losing my family, when that was completely preventable. A Brother who had been a good friend of mine since college was a Mason, and that sparked my interest. That was a good beginning to the REST of my life. My marriage is doing a lot better, we have been blessed with three beautiful children, and I am even a BETTER Policeman and Supervisor with a renewed focus on my priorities. I made the decision to apply the time honored principles to MY LIFE AND WAY OF LIVING, and it worked! Bro. Jones
Very well said.

DerrickArnett

The reason I become one was as a young man I always want to stand for something in life so I became a brother. I looked back on my life and saw how the lord has blessed me and how he covered me from a lot of bad things in my life. My walk has been a blessing for me. Become now I know who god is cause in 2007 I got hurt very bad and my brothers step in and saved my life. I lost my right hand and that was my strong side and I wanted to give up on life so they sat me down and reminded me who I was and that is was time for me to let my light to shine cause our god already has word it out. Now am doing things better than I was before. It showed me that you have to use what you got that god bless you with. FM makes you strong where you are weak at and lets you know that you are never alone cause your brothers are always there to pick you up and the love is endless just like gods love.

Freemason Connect Mobile

b-mac

My journey into freemasonry seems very weird to me. My grandpa was a Freemason and when I was in high school he passed away and my grandma gave me his ring and I didn't think much of it. The ring was inside a pouch and I put it away not thinking much of the ring for about 2 years I suppose until a couple of years after I graduated from high school in 2010. I went to a community college after graduation in my area and I met 2 guys there who where Freemasons that I thought where some pretty cool respectable guys. After talking to them for a while I started thinking about my grandpa and decided to ask them about joining. After talking to them more they finally gave me a petition to join the lodge I am currently a member at today. I am currently a Master Mason today and always wear my grandpa's masonic ring that I never thought I would be wearing. Freemasonry to me is something that can make you a better man just as we say. I personally feel that through my degrees I have held myself to a higher morality and have even became a better student and learner in my life. Going to lodge meetings has sort of given me an escape from all the troubles and stress in life. Even if I don't always talk a lot in lodge it is a place where I can relax among fellow brothers that I share something in common with.

BranDanLong

I have yet to join the brotherhood, but for me I want to be apart of something that accepts brothers from all walks of life and teaches how to better ourself and the community. I only know of one brother mason personally and he is an outstanding gentleman and Reading post on here on has only made my drive join stronger. I am anxious to meet with my local lodge next month and really begin my journey...

Freemason Connect Mobile

lsu4life4ever

Masonry to me means that no matter where I go, I have a lodge where the brethren will welcome me with open arms. A home away from home.

Humble Lodge No. 979
Initiated on June 4th, 2013.
Geaux Tigers!
So Mote It Be!

lsu4life4ever

I joined because of the rich history and because of how masons like to help others. Mason or non. Helping a fellow person is an awesome thing.

Humble Lodge No. 979
Initiated on June 4th, 2013.
Geaux Tigers!
So Mote It Be!

jcortez78

To me it is a person that I want to know in my heart it is not easy but it is worth the time because (for ignorance is the darkness of chaos and knowledge is the light of the cosmos)

Freemason Connect HD

brother josh

Masonry awards men who of that free will and ability to join the proper working tools in which one might understand the mind of our creator

Freemason Connect HD

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I had met many Masons through the years and they were very upright and honest men, the kind that I admire. This impressed me very much and at my advanced age of 58 I joined.

Topaz

Fraternal Greetings Brethren,
I'm a relatively new EA from Duke Of Sussex Lodge in Melbourne Australia. Currently I'm visiting some family in Dubai and wishes to know if there's a lodge that I could visit while I'm here. Thanks for your help.
Fraternally Yours
Bro Ronnie Janedi

jvarnell

Premium Member
I did not read but the first 3 messages before deciding to write something so I did not tant my thoughts. I see Masonery as a way for men that have deferent religions/dogma work as one because they know there is a GAOTU that they need to acknolage. In war or any other strugle we as men need to know how to reconize someone we can depend on.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I did not read but the first 3 messages before deciding to write something so I did not tant my thoughts. I see Masonery as a way for men that have deferent religions/dogma work as one because they know there is a GAOTU that they need to acknolage. In war or any other strugle we as men need to know how to reconize someone we can depend on.
Great answer!!!

MaineMason

I waited until I was 44 to become a Mason, after which I took my Scottish Rite degrees and Royal Arch degrees and also got in line to work the chairs. I am a fifth generation Mason--I had a British great grandfather who became one in England, and a Russian one who became a clandestine Mason in Russia before the Revolution. Why did I do it? I waited until I was ready. I waited until I thought I was ready to be a good man made better. Of course my father is proud of me. He raised me, both as a child and as a Mason. What I learned in Blue Lodge and later in Red and in Scottish Rite, is that I was raised with Masonic principles and values. It was quite something to realize that. No one ever put pressure on me to become one, and like I have said, I put if off a long time but boy did I discover it. It's important to me that I am a fifth generation Mason. I won't lie that I take pride in that. But the real pride I take in it is how I was raised by Masons and how in my heart it was when I finally decided to join. I know my dad is proud, and his dad and grand dad and great grandad and further would be proud too but what makes it so important to me is that I can now live the way they did. As a Master Mason, a Scottish Rite Mason, and in my own way as a Royal Arch Mason and all those little things--well, big things--that I learned from the men in my family now make not only sense, but give me a sense of obligation to my fellow man. That's what Masonry means to me.