My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the average age of joining Freemasonry

JanneProeliator

What seems to be the average age in your area when ppl join the Freemasonry?
It seems to be farely high around where I live. I would say closer to 50 or at least well past 40. I'm 37 and AE and I am considered young.

rpbrown

Premium Member
Hard to tell. In my lodge over the last several years there seems to have been a youth movement of sorts. We have several join ranging from 18-35 and then we have had a few from 50-65.

MarkR

Premium Member
The last few years it's been almost entirely men in their 20s and 30s being initiated in my lodge.

Keith C

I was raised last November at 56, two others went through the degrees at the same time and they were also mid 50s, Over the last 6 months we have had 2 in their 30s, 3 in the 50s, 2 in their 60s and one in their 70s.

We do have several in our lodge early to mid 30s including our SW, JW and SD.

acjohnson53

That's a good thing, youth keeps Masonry Alive. We have been around for more than 300 years, but who's counting???

Brother Mike

I was in my early 20's and my dad was in his mid 40's. I am now 43. We became Brothers together and it is something we both cherish. Even more so now for myself because I lost my dad to Cancer two years ago. Experiencing the whole thing with my dad, Scottish Rite, 32nd Degree is something I hold dear to my heart. Located in Virginia.

MWS

I'd say the majority in my jurisdiction are around early 30's. That being said, the last 2 gentlemen raised were 72 and 21 (after waiting since coming to Lodge events since he was 19).