My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the purpose of Judgement?

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Excuse my ignorance, but as a Baptist, I was taught the only requirement to enter Heaven was a profession that Jesus Christ was Lord. If that's the case, what would be the purpose of the Judgement? Would I be judged or receive a free pass because I simply professed Christ was Lord and Savior?

Last edited:

jonesvilletexas

Premium Member
Briefly saying. There are two judgments, one for the lost and one for the saved. Bothe at different times and one has nothing to do with the other that is if you are a Christian you will not stand in the judgment of the lost. Therefore the judgment is not to see if you go to heaven because you will already be in heaven.
G_d is a just G_d and therefore you must be judged.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
this is the second time i've referred to the catechism in the past week. ugh.

681 On Judgment Day at the end of the world, Christ will come in glory to achieve the definitive triumph of good over evil which, like the wheat and the tares, have grown up together in the course of history.
682 When he comes at the end of time to judge the living and the dead, the glorious Christ will reveal the secret disposition of hearts and will render to each man according to his works, and according to his acceptance or refusal of grace.

judgement to me seems more of a triumph over evil than a judgment of good souls, even though it includes that.

pointwithinacircle2

Rapscallion
Premium Member
Brother Blake, you make me smile. I am tempted to try to answer your question, but I do not believe that I am the proper person to do so. Simply put, I do not believe that you are asking a question about either God or Spirituality. I believe that you are asking a question about Religion. It would not be proper for me to comment on such an issue.

BroBook

Premium Member
Good question, because
Once saved always saved.I had to give it a little thought, for none believers IDK, for believers "I" think it's more like a proficiency thing HE gave assignments and gifts and how we use those gifts here on earth will influence our "station"if you will in the HERE-AFTER.

Bro Book
M.W.U.G.L. Of Fl: P.H.A.
Excelsior # 43
At pensacola

BroBook

Premium Member
Brother Blake, you make me smile. I am tempted to try to answer your question, but I do not believe that I am the proper person to do so. Simply put, I do not believe that you are asking a question about either God or Spirituality. I believe that you are asking a question about Religion. It would not be proper for me to comment on such an issue.
How can you my brother with a screen name about the "SAINTS"
The boundary line if you will say it is not proper for you to tell the truth as you see it!!!WWEA

Bro Book
Excelsior # 43
At pensacola

JohnnyFlotsam

Premium Member
Good question, and one which illustrates one of the most glaring inconsistencies in Christian doctrine - one can, or can not, enter the kingdom of heaven by virtue of this or that act (good works, going to confession, profession of faith, etc.).

I do not mean to disparage anyone's religious beliefs, but I have a real problem with the notion of the "free pass", as Blake puts it. "Just say these magic words, and you're in!" That's an extremely seductive pitch, to be sure, but if taken at face value it absolves the individual of all personal responsibility. I choose to believe that how we live this life matters, in this life and beyond. To be fair, I know a number of thoughtful Christians who share that view, and who argue that an earnest profession of faith can not be made without at least a tacit acknowledgement of one's "sins".

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Good question, and one which illustrates one of the most glaring inconsistencies in Christian doctrine - one can, or can not, enter the kingdom of heaven by virtue of this or that act (good works, going to confession, profession of faith, etc.).

We are not all Protestants nor are we all the legalistic flavor of Catholic. Stop presuming the worst and tarring us all with one brush. There is no "one act" that guarantees entry into "the kingdom of heaven" or definitely prevents it. There is no "free pass" in my Church, no matter what the others might do.

So stop claiming that all Christians are exactly the same. It is offensive, ignorant, and bigoted.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
I think that God cannot/not able to "judge". It's more "human definition".
We will judge ourselves by our hands, after we'll hear The Truth & we'll be given -- a choice.

God is able to judge. God can judge and say "That is a cow."; "That is not a cow." Judgment.

Entirely non-legalistic.

"You wish to love." vs. "You refuse to love."--it's a judgment. "Judge" also means "discern" or "sort". It is not just the legalistic form of judgment.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Excuse my ignorance, but as a Baptist, I was taught the only requirement to enter Heaven was a profession that Jesus Christ was Lord.

What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, and one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

James 2:14-26

BroBook

Premium Member
The pass is free because all you have to do is ADMIT that you don't know, BELIEVE that JESUS proved he did and CONTINUE to search, and no all "Christians" don't believe or teach the same things !the same way but neither does our craft. In closing there is a BIG difference between what WE believe and teach and what OUR GREAT LIGHT actually says, while the servants (E.A.) s were asleep the enemy crept in unawares, make we continue to look for the right!!!WWEA

Bro Book
Excelsior # 43
At pensacola