My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your favorite Masonic symbol?

hanzosbm

Premium Member
Gotcha. I'm not terribly familiar with how things are done in PA, but if you have a monitor/ritual book, I'd start there.

My experience is that not all lodges actually practice the full ritual set forth by their GL. It's understandable. In the KY monitor, I think the EA degree is something like 50 pages long and it is done almost exclusively by the WM. That's a LOT to memorize. It wasn't until I took some time to sit down and really read it that I started to understand the depth of what was being taught.

dfreybur

Premium Member
Is it possible that our jurisdiction does not discuss symbols like other lodges do?

Not knowing Pennsylvania ritual I can't comment about what has been deleting from it or added to it. I know Texas deleted a vast amount of material that are present in California and Illinois and added only a couple of scenes that are not present in California or Illinois. But that is quotation not discussion.

The only actual discussion I ever see is at Masonic Education presentations and at Table Lodge. So far more of these that I have seen have been by me than by other brothers. Thankfully that's a pattern that is slowly but steadily changing as more lodges do more Masonic Education.