My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should I do?

David Duke

Premium Member
None it makes sense to me, as MRichard said if he had been elected Secretary he would be taking care of it himself. I think someone is trying to yank our chain.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Dalton McGaffeny

Sorry brothers it was a typo. I was raised a MM 7/30/16. I was elected secretary in the recent elections. This is why I email the gl myself. As far as my birth certificate. I can't sign my birth certificate because I wasn't secretary at the time of my raising. The past secretary would have to. Plus you all know what attendance is like. I can't get a few people to come to the lodge that were in a few seats at the time of my raising.

The fact that I have paid dues for a second Masonic year and have yet to see a dues card it what has me hot.

Sorry for the confusion

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Sorry brothers it was a typo. I was raised a MM 7/30/16. I was elected secretary in the recent elections. This is why I email the gl myself. As far as my birth certificate. I can't sign my birth certificate because I wasn't secretary at the time of my raising. The past secretary would have to. Plus you all know what attendance is like. I can't get a few people to come to the lodge that were in a few seats at the time of my raising.

The fact that I have paid dues for a second Masonic year and have yet to see a dues card it what has me hot.

Sorry for the confusion

What is a birth certificate?

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

BullDozer Harrell

Sorry for the confusion

As your Lodge Sec'y, don't you have the dues cards given to you by the Grand Sec'y?

I'm a 2nd year Sec'y for my Lodge and i have the dues cards, the books, lodge seal and diplomas.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member

Sorry for the confusion

Just get with the past secretary and ask him to do it or talk to the WM or contact the grand lodge and ask them how to proceed. That's your job now, Brother Secretary.

Bloke

Premium Member
Some jurisdictions issue a certificate after a brother is raised. Some refer to it using the colloquialism, "Birth Certificate."
We do, calling it a Master Mason Certificate. We use a "Masonic Passport" to document initiation- but that's more about education and progression; we have courses to complete between degrees..

If I know a bro did something, or have that documented, I will sign off on it (as a PM in the past or Sec now).... If not me, who else will do it ? If I'm not willing to do that, where does that leave the bro ?

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Some jurisdictions issue a certificate after a brother is raised. Some refer to it using the colloquialism, "Birth Certificate."
I didn't know this. Thanks for the info.
Just get with the past secretary and ask him to do it or talk to the WM or contact the grand lodge and ask them how to proceed. That's your job now, Brother Secretary.
Sounds like a plan.
We use a "Masonic Passport" to document initiation- but that's more about education and progression; we have courses to complete between degrees..
Now these I have heard of. We have them here as well.

BullDozer Harrell

Some refer to it as a "Patent" and it's awarded once one proves proficiency with his MM Ob.
Interestingly nice i guess that in some Masonic jurisdictions, a MM's certificate of membership or diploma (as we call them in my Lodge) is known as a Patent.

Good information to know.

I was aware until just now that Patents are given to SPs in the Valleys that I frequent.

Bro. David F. Hill

David F. Hill
Premium Member
The certificate is issued by the lodge. It's just printed by the Grand Lodge. You should have received a plastic dues card by now and year stickers for square brothers. You may have to complete the parts that you can and then drop by their house for signature. PM me if you need help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using My Freemasonry mobile app