My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal!

А Тraveling Мan

“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us, what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” ...such a great truth from Brother Pike! 3x3!!!

pointwithinacircle2

Rapscallion
Premium Member
>what we have done for others

I recall a friend that after several very long meditations managed to get past her "personal will". She said that all the good works she had done for others turned out to be really done to make herself feel good.
Well, that is the problem isn't it? In truth the best good I can do for the world is probably to work on getting past my own mis-perceptions.

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
Or maybe what you do for yourself is what's best for the world and others. Context, thought, and many other factors play into actions.

А Тraveling Мan

But what is the knowledge if you do not share it, what is the happiness if you do not divide it, what are the money for, if do not use them for prosperity? Wisdom to guide!