My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"What you permit, you promote"

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
I 100% disagree with the statement "What you permit, you promote."
If everyone would concern themselves with their own business and keep their own business to themselves, we'd all be better off.
The act of minding your own business when something isn't your concern doesn't equate to promoting it.
I've had this argument with a few non-masons. I'm told that my very statement is contrary to the message being conveyed. I'm told, "You're telling me what to do!" when I'm telling them to practice tolerance. Oh well.

Bloke

Premium Member
I've had this argument with a few non-masons. I'm told that my very statement is contrary to the message being conveyed. I'm told, "You're telling me what to do!" when I'm telling them to practice tolerance. Oh well.

I remember a wonderful conversation on the web on the topic "Should we no longer tolerate too much tolerance". He struck the topic for discussion which was particularly interesting because he was a very liberal San Francisco Democrat ( sorry if that is a politically charged description, but I plead being a dumb Australian). The conclusion, was, your right to Freedom ends when it impinges on my right to Freedom. In that context " what you permit you promote" does not survive examination..