My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHAT'S THE STORY BEHIND YOUR RING?

JMartinez

I have my Grandfather's heirloom ring. He was made a Mason in 1921 in Corinth, KY. The ring is 14k gold, and has two "machine-cut" diamonds. I wear it only on special occasions. I have a solid gold ring with a synthetic ruby stone for everyday wear, and a stainless steel lodge ring that wear when I am deployed overseas.

In some countries, like France and Saudi Arabia, I do not wear any masonic identification.

Why not in France?

alterian

View attachment 5221I have a few the two gold MM's are my favorite I rescued them off eBay I just like the fact that something once worn by a brother before me has once again found its rightful home in the craft both vintage style the stainless steel is my everyday go to for work and the SR one is the newest in the family ....why so many you might ask because I like to party ( in my Kyle Norton voice ) lol

Ive seen this ring however not in person, looks nice

alterian

I picked this one up from a pawnshop for $150. Its about 8 or 9 grams, 10K gold. I was going to buy a solid backed Created Ruby until I seen this one. Who knows I still might buy one in the future, just thought I would share.

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
I picked this one up from a pawnshop for $150. Its about 8 or 9 grams, 10K gold. I was going to buy a solid backed Created Ruby until I seen this one. Who knows I still might buy one in the future, just thought I would share.

Photo please

appzdude

d6e8f2c1438c7bdeecc6a0ea41edd703.jpg

grayflannelsuit

Premium Member
My ring, which I will not be wearing until I am raised, was my grandfather's. I assumed it had been buried with him but I recently found out it had been given to my mother and then to my brother. I am now thankfully in possession of it, along with this apron (I am told he did not have a Masonic burial, and chose not to get into the details of why) and a number of Masonic books he owned.

Bloke

Premium Member
My ring, which I will not be wearing until I am raised, was my grandfather's. I assumed it had been buried with him but I recently found out it had been given to my mother and then to my brother. I am now thankfully in possession of it, along with this apron (I am told he did not have a Masonic burial, and chose not to get into the details of why) and a number of Masonic books he owned.
Their wonderful mementos to have..

cemab4y

Premium Member
Why not in France?
In France, Freemasonry is not generally approved of. When I lived there (1986-1987), there were 5 (five) different and competing Grand Lodges. The brother of the current president was a freemason, and there were rumors that the Freemasons were controlling the country, through the president's brother. I was advised by other Masons, not to wear any rings or any Masonic identification, and to keep my membership private, and not to advertise that I was a Mason.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
In France, Freemasonry is not generally approved of. When I lived there (1986-1987), there were 5 (five) different and competing Grand Lodges. The brother of the current president was a freemason, and there were rumors that the Freemasons were controlling the country, through the president's brother. I was advised by other Masons, not to wear any rings or any Masonic identification, and to keep my membership private, and not to advertise that I was a Mason.
Wow! Didn't know this.

Bloke

Premium Member

Interesting, do you think its more to do with religion or politics, or just general distrust/reputation ?

Tyler Atkinson

I haven't been raised yet but I have friend who said whenever I do receive my 3rd he will give me one of his rings. It means alot because he said he did the same thing with his 2 sons and that he considered me like one of his own and that he was proud of the way I changed my life. Can't wait!

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I haven't been raised yet but I have friend who said whenever I do receive my 3rd he will give me one of his rings. It means alot because he said he did the same thing with his 2 sons and that he considered me like one of his own and that he was proud of the way I changed my life. Can't wait!
Great!

cemab4y

Premium Member

Great story! Wear your "light" with pride. Remember that when you show the world that you are a mason, to the world you ARE freemasonry.