My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When does tolerance no longer apply?

MasonicHermit

That's a pretty bold statement putting that on the members of the forum when you waltzed in here and made such an ass of yourself you got banned. I know you tried to apologize when you made the new profile but you never get a do over on a first impression. And it really doesn't help that you put the S&C in your profile photo and have made several posts that make you sound like you are a Mason and handing out instruction. So if you want to know why you are getting the treatment that you are receiving, maybe look in the mirror.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Very well

Sent from my LG-M153 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
@MasonicHermit I appreciate the compliment but I’m as fallible as the next guy. Speaking of which; at the end of the day we’re all human, subject to the failings therein. Each of us carries our lessons in our own way and some are better than others at applying them to our daily lives. We are also defensive about our Craft and have seen enough people looking to harm us to be wary of self-ordained masonic wunderkind. A modest introduction is always a good idea in such a large, diverse group.
Continue to ask questions, ignore people you feel are baiting you. There is a wealth of information here, pursue it as a student, not a teacher.

MasonicHermit

@MasonicHermit I appreciate the compliment but I’m as fallible as the next guy. Speaking of which; at the end of the day we’re all human, subject to the failings therein. Each of us carries our lessons in our own way and some are better than others at applying them to our daily lives. We are also defensive about our Craft and have seen enough people looking to harm us to be wary of self-ordained masonic wunderkind. A modest introduction is always a good idea in such a large, diverse group.
Continue to ask questions, ignore people you feel are baiting you. There is a wealth of information here, pursue it as a student, not a teacher.
That has to be one of the most beautiful and well articulated responses I've yet received.

Thank you for your consideration and kind words, you and warrior (others too) are an inspiration to me...... I can't express enough of my gratitude.

Thank you!

David612

You have to know that masonry is still an organisation of men, failings and all.
The lessons within freemasonry may be taught by men completely oblivious to the value of their word perfect, expertly recited lecture.
Just because a man is a master mason don’t assume he knows Freemasonry, be especially cautious of men who think they do.
Freemasonry dosnt make good men better, it offers them the working tools to make themselves better.

MasonicHermit

You have to know that masonry is still an organisation of men, failings and all.
The lessons within freemasonry may be taught by men completely oblivious to the value of their word perfect, expertly recited lecture.
Just because a man is a master mason don’t assume he knows Freemasonry, be especially cautious of men who think they do.
Freemasonry dosnt make good men better, it offers them the working tools to make themselves better.
Wow! Another great response!!!
I really appreciate it guys, it makes me feel welcomed here.

Thank you David!

Pointwithinacircle3

I was once told, "the purpose of ritual is so that those who do not understand the truth can pass the truth on until it reaches someone who can understand it".

Lightlife

Site Benefactor
Premium Member
I was once told, "the purpose of ritual is so that those who do not understand the truth can pass the truth on until it reaches someone who can understand it".

Yes! I've been trying to make this point for years. Ritual is akin to encryption; you can repeat the message without understanding the content until it gets to someone who has the key to understand. This is why I am against "modernizing" rituals -- it's like changing cypher text without knowledge of the underlying message.

David612

There are some elements of the craft I would love to see modernised but the ritual is a thing of beauty-I’m all for adding new degrees to other modern orders