My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is God?

BroBook

Premium Member
I read an interesting question the other day....

"If God still exists, then why is he not active like he was in the Bible and other sacred writings? The Bible characters walked, talked, and had a intimate relationship with God, and today God is silent. What happened?"

Thoughts...
Well what happened was The God of Israel came as a Man, (according to the Bible) The Lion of Judah, and made it so that they who believe will receive what was promise "life forever more" people still have intimate relationships with Him, yes He who, was still is, and still will be , he is still very much active, those who have not experienced Him " may be" blind, cripple or crazy or liars or on the wrong team!!!WWEA

Bro Book
M.W.U.G.L. Of Fl: P.H.A.
Excelsior # 43
At pensacola

jjjjjggggg

Premium Member
The Supreme Being is the Absolute... being the Source of and Root of all, there is no place it is not.

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
I mean -- physical location of God is in the Sky.
And "piece of God" -- soul is inside everyone.

Perhaps your God might have a single physical location. Mine does not. Mine is within and without everything, between, among, next to, and above all. Everywhere at once, no distinction between His "physical" and "spiritual" location. No single subatomic particle can exist without His presence immediately there.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
I read an interesting question the other day....

"If God still exists, then why is he not active like he was in the Bible and other sacred writings? The Bible characters walked, talked, and had a intimate relationship with God, and today God is silent. What happened?"

Thoughts...

To answer this:

God isn't silent. We choose not to listen to Him.

Look at Scripture, anyway. How many of those within it actually had a "face-to-face"? Before the New Testament, it was a very small number. In the New Testament, many more, but to His human face, and it was made plain that this was to be a "one-off" event.

pointwithinacircle2

Rapscallion
Premium Member
God is right where he has always been, and, in my estimation, the same percentage of people are diligently searching for him as there has always been.
To be honest, I feel that my first reply to this thread was a little flippant. So let me try a little harder to answer your question.

When I was a boy my father had a boat. I loved zipping across the water, pulling up on a sandy shore, and playing in the water while dad got the charcoal grill ready and mom put a meal together. Looking back now, I see now much work my father put into making those days happy for his family. Fast forward a few years to he and I sitting on the porch when I began to ask him about Freemasonry. He said "Freemasonry is work, a way of doing something in your life". When I asked "doing what?" he smiled and told me "finding the lost word".

Today I know that when I was young I took that boat for granted. I didn't realize the work it took to have that much fun - to get your life to the point where it was that good. The boat was good because someone was doing the work to make it so. Freemasonry is like that. It is doing the work to make myself into a person who makes the world good. God is like that. God is like fun, you can't see it, but you know when it is there. And like that boat, you never know the work that went into it until you have done the work yourself. And I need to write a little more to really explain it, but I seem to have lost those words. Maybe you can find them.