My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which appendant bodies do you belong to?

Morris

Premium Member
A few years back, we had a couple of guys in our county who belonged to another lodge. Both were big time active in the SR. Our lodge is the biggest in town and does the most degree work. We caught wind that on nights when we were having MM degrees, these guys were in the parking lot grabbing the candidates and all but forcing them to sign SR petitions and getting the fees before they were even raised. They were told in pretty clear terms, if we heard even the hint of it in the future, their Masonic careers were done.

It's no secret my lodge is a YR haven. All the bodies meet there. But the actions of these guys had nothing to do with YR or SR. It was about coming to our lodge and using ambush tactics on men who didn't peanuts from peanut butter on a night that was supposed to be special for them.
Have you ever had a good experience with the Scottish Rite?

Companion Joe

Premium Member
Have you ever had a good experience with the Scottish Rite?

Sure. Our local SR club does great things. The shoe program they have for needy students in our county is one of the best things in Masonry as far as I am concerned (I am a teacher). The SR temple in Knoxville is actually conferring the 4th degree (parts excluded, I am sure) this weekend, and it is open to everyone to come see. The instance I was talking about didn't have anything to do with the SR as an organization; it was two individuals who were trying to make a name for themselves within the SR by signing up people.

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
A few years back, we had a couple of guys in our county who belonged to another lodge. Both were big time active in the SR. Our lodge is the biggest in town and does the most degree work. We caught wind that on nights when we were having MM degrees, these guys were in the parking lot grabbing the candidates and all but forcing them to sign SR petitions and getting the fees before they were even raised. They were told in pretty clear terms, if we heard even the hint of it in the future, their Masonic careers were done.

It's no secret my lodge is a YR haven. All the bodies meet there. But the actions of these guys had nothing to do with YR or SR. It was about coming to our lodge and using ambush tactics on men who didn't peanuts from peanut butter on a night that was supposed to be special for them.

This is absolutely unacceptable and you all handled it great.

A few things to remember* brethren:

1. The most important Masonic body you can belong to is the Symbolic/Craft/Blue Lodge.
2. No brother should ever feel forced to join another organization.
3. The three degrees in the Symbolic Lodge are beautiful and possibly life changing. Cherish them.

*My opinions on the matter are not fact. Regardless of how important I think I am ;).

kastonw

Premium Member
Well, I'm honored to say that last Thursday, prior to Boise York Rite meeting, the Eminent Commander asked to talk with me in private. He informed me that I have been invited to join the St. Michael Conclave of the Red Cross of Constantine (RCC). For those who don't know, the RCC is an invitational, honorary group that requires one to be a Royal Arch Mason and Christian. There is a membership limit as well.

I will go through the initiatory ceremony at the end of May (a very busy month).

Congratulations Brother