My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Living or Dead Mason

dfreybur

Premium Member
Living - Buzz. I started my civilian career in the unmanned part of the space program so I've always been a huge fan of the astronauts.

Dead - Too many to chose among. Maybe Manly P Hall because he's a different type of mystic than I am but there are so many wonderful choices. Especially if there would be a translator! What's the point of meeting a Brother whose languages we don't both understand.

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
Any active brother from the revolutionary times in the US.

Do we glamorize what masons did back then outside of Lodge?

Do we glamorize what masons did back then inside of Lodge?

I have this feeling that we're more sophisticated today than we were 240 years ago yet we feel as if we're as far away from where we started from.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Any active brother from the revolutionary times in the US.
Do we glamorize what masons did back then outside of Lodge?
Do we glamorize what masons did back then inside of Lodge?
I have this feeling that we're more sophisticated today than we were 240 years ago yet we feel as if we're as far away from where we started from.
Interestingly, I came across a book today in my local haunt called "The Spirit of Masonry." It was written in 1775 by an active Brother on the other side of the pond. I'm looking forward to spending some time with it.

Bloke

Premium Member
Interestingly, I came across a book today in my local haunt called "The Spirit of Masonry." It was written in 1775 by an active Brother on the other side of the pond. I'm looking forward to spending some time with it.
Is that on Gutenberg ?

Tpower31

Premium Member
Living Brad Paisley. I'm a fan of his music and see him as a very upstanding gentleman. Dear - George Washington, Duke Ellington , Count Bassey, John Wayne, Benjamin Franklin, Voltaire, Sir Isaac Newton, Mark Twain. Just to name a few would love to have a conversation with them about their views on The Craft.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

jermy Bell

I would say all of them. To talk about masonry from its earliest beginning and how it's changed and made changes through history.