My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which one was the most diffcult?

Which degree was the most difficult?

• Total voters

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
For all of the MM's, which degree was the most difficult for you. What was the hardest thing to overcome. Did it not make sense, or seem overwhelming and then all of a sudden just "click"? Explain if you can.

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
I would say the EA was the most difficult. It's that first step into such a big brave new world. There is just so much to take in. Plus like anything new, there is an adjustment period in getting used to all the new inflow of information coming your way. But although it's the hardest, it also wets your appetite for more.

AAJ

For me, the EA degree was hardest. It was kind of like getting used to driving to around in a strange city. Once you know how to get to one place, learning how to get to another is not as hard since you already know the basic layout of the major streets.

Benton

Premium Member
I found the MM the most difficult because of additions that were difficult to keep straight.

Brent1204

Me it was the EA that was the hardest but once I got it it all made sence. That is what I tell everyone I teach dont get discouraged because all of a sudden you to will be able to say it all

QPZIL

Premium Member
Looking back on it, I'm sure I will say that it was the EA degree, but right now that I'm learning the MM degree work, I'd say this one :)

There's just so many "I.F.S.S."s! It's okay though, I will get them.

Brent1204

QPZIL said:
Looking back on it, I'm sure I will say that it was the EA degree, but right now that I'm learning the MM degree work, I'd say this one :)

Keep working hard u will get it

Dave in Waco

Premium Member

Get you a system that helps you memorize the order. And don't feel bad, I saw a PM who hadn't done it in a while try to give them. He got the first 4 right, then started skipping around.

Beathard

Premium Member
First section of the EA. After that everything is downhill. Once you learn the style of language and common phrases it is easier. My son is about to be raised. It took him a month to learn the EA. The FC only took 2 hours on the night of his passing to memorize. Wish I was 18 again. His mind is like a sponge.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
First section of the EA. After that everything is downhill. Once you learn the style of language and common phrases it is easier. My son is about to be raised. It took him a month to learn the EA. The FC only took 2 hours on the night of his passing to memorize. Wish I was 18 again. His mind is like a sponge.

WOW!
smilies-3.gif

bgs942

Premium Member
The EA work because it is new to us at that point in our light but the MM obligation because of all it encompasses.

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
I appreciate all the comments on this thread I started. It encouraging and interesting at the same time. Hopefully I will get to post my thoughts on the subject latter this year.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Many say it was the first secton of the EA. My biggest challenge was the second section of same said degree.

relapse98

Sam smith and Henry king say the 13 are not really as hard as they seem. I found 2nd section of EA the hardest due to it's length.

Jacob Johnson

hahaha Sam smith and henry king. that's how i remembered it too. For me it was definitely the EA degree prof. FC was very quick to learn, I also only took 2 study sessions to learn it. I think it really IS about getting used to the form and not so much about the memorization being that hard. Once you have the EA down, the FC and MM just need a little bit of work in a couple places before it clicks.