My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Arab from Oman can not become masonic

alsiyabi

Traveling to another country???
Why if I can do it in my country it is good
But I need help to do it and good ideas
I need to be one of the brother hood but if I can't I will try
If can help or anyone can help call me give me support

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Elexir

To become a brother you have to get initated in person by a lodge and since freemasonry is illegal in your country all brothers who travel to your country will risk getting arrested.

Point is no mason can help you in your country as it is.
You have to either travel to another country or work to make a political climate where freemasonry is legal.
No more options exist and none of us can do anything from abroad.

CLewey44

To our knowledge, there are no known Masonic lodges in Oman. Unless there is an irregular/clandestine lodge or 'quiet' lodge of some sort due to political reasons, you have no other choice but to travel abroad to be initiated. And even traveling abroad would probably not be enough. It's hard to get into lodges outside of the U.S. as it is. (And that's not a bad thing at all) You'd need to live at least within 100-200 miles to be able to active at all in that lodge and more especially to make progression.

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
My question with these types of posts

1) How active is the police in these countries when seeking out underground Freemasons?

2) How closely is the internet monitored there? Would a person risk posting something like this that can be traced back to them? IE are the just law enforcement posing as someone looking for a Lodge?

BullDozer Harrell

I wonder about these types of requests. How much at liberty would someone be to practice Freemasonry in a country with prohibitions against it? The environment doesn't support it. Definitely would make somebody a walking case of bad nerves & paranoia.