My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do you wish to join? Don't be shy.

Yaw A. Asante

Both EXCELLENT reasons!
Thanks.
I'm a 32 yr old Ghanaian and I have tried a lot of means to join but to no avail. I picked the grand secretary''s email from their website and tried sending a mail to the grand secretary but the mail was returned..can you please help me out.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Thanks.
I'm a 32 yr old Ghanaian and I have tried a lot of means to join but to no avail. I picked the grand secretary''s email from their website and tried sending a mail to the grand secretary but the mail was returned..can you please help me out.
Was there a phone number listed? If so give them a call. Are there any lodges close to you? Do you know any Freemasons?

BullDozer Harrell

I have always longed to be a mason. I believe being a mason will make me a better person for family,God nd country. ..
You'll have to work hard at doing that. It's not an automatic internal transformation process that sweeps you up once you become a member.

Yes you can become a member quite easily enough but you'll sweat to become a Mason.

Masons do their 'work' while members by contrast pay to associate with the organization.

Phil P

I joined my lodge, because it's just a natural step for a Senior DeMolay like myself (btw a "Senior DeMolay" is one is over 21 which is the majority age for an active member). I had 3 uncles that were masons in California, one of whom was Master of Provident #609 in Sacramento (that lodge has since consolidated). Although I did join this year, I had wanted to ever since I turned 21. Oh well, better late to the party than not to come at all.

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
A family friend of my in-laws is a mason. I met him on a cruise where his daughter was getting married. I noticed his ring and we got to talking.

It took 5 years to get the courage up to go to the lodge and get a petition.

BullDozer Harrell

You are very right Sir. But I have searched very hard for years to get a phone contact of a Mason..i had it and called him.. He told me it's not easy to become a member. I have been calling him for a year now Sir.. He doesn't pick up and sometimes pick up once a while.. I still call him and sometimes text him if he doesn't pick up.. I'm not ready to give up my will to become a member please..What should I do to build a relationship with him please? Any suggestions from all brethren.? Thank you.
Ok let's get to few things about your situation.

The first thing is that you're not a member of any Masonic Lodge. BUT yet you have a Masonic profile photo that says, "Be The Example" featuring the Square & Compass emblem? Do you see what might be wrong with that?

Also here are other things you might be doing that kinda send a message saying maybe you're a tidbit amped up. Breathe sir and relax. Your own words are that you've made an initial contact with a Mason. It's been over a year with some talk from time to time but none recently. He has your number and knows how to reach you. For his own reasons, he told you that it's not going to be easy to join his lodge. So maybe you'll do yourself justice by recognizing that maybe your inner qualities are being tested right now by this guy whom just might turn out to be your sponsor. You never know.

The process of entry into the Fraternity is not of your control. The Brother seems to want you to understand this before possibly taking a chance with you.

It doesn't just happen when and just because a person wants it heart & soul. Can you relate?