Why is it so hard to get Masons to join the Commandery?

Discussion in 'The York Rite' started by David Melear, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Willaim Perkins

Willaim Perkins Registered User

I was23 when Raised in1980. They got a dispensation so I could get it done while home on leave. I got stationed in my hometown on Recruiting Duty and went through the York Rite In July of '80.

2. Rifleman1776

Rifleman1776 Registered User

Willaim, you missed my mention that I am now an old guy. But, as a young man I found it depressing to be around so many who could not remember the work, were confused and often died before the next meeting. I know for a fact that is a put-off to many considering membership.

3. Willaim Perkins

Willaim Perkins Registered User

Yes I guess I did miss that part of it. What I get for reading before coffee. It sounded as if you found being with older Brethren a put-off and the ritual senseless. I stand corrected (actually I'm sitting corrected). Thanks for clarifying.

4. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

I have to say that I really like the class A KT uniform, yes even the chapeau, lol. Just got my uniform and accessories and participated in the opening of the Commandery on the long form. It was great! I saw many complaints about the current class a uniforms earlier on this particular thread just had to take up for it.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    RayverInColorado likes this.
  5. Warrior1256

Agreed!
    The military aspect and drill is what I like about the Commandery.
    Same
    I love both! The military aspect was one of the main things that drew me to the Knights Templar and I think that the uniform is really sharp looking.

6. Warrior1256

Absolutely agree!
    I have been a member of KT for 14 months. Just got my uniform and accessories after saving up month by month for it. I got some great deals on everything but it still ended up costing me a little better than $700.00. As stated, I am not destitute by any means but I saved little by little as it is a big expense but, at least to me, worth it.

Kalip78 likes this.
  7. Kalip78

Kalip78 Registered User

Well Brethren, if nothing unexpected will happen, I will be knighted at the end of March. Why?

I firmly belive, that for a Christian Freemason KT/KM or CBCS is a natural culmination of Masonic path. The Scottish Rite with its general teaching on "being a good citizen" in my opinion is not as important. It's rather a supporting order (that doesn't mean it's not important at all). KT/KM or CBCS is also return to the Christian origins of our movement of which we so often forget.

And - last but not least - I love the history of Middle Ages and knighthood in particular. ;-)

So my choice is not accidental and requires also some sacrifices as I have to go to another country for instalation. I do believe it is worth it!

I know, that from a point of view of multireligious America it may seem strange, but in Europe with it's mostly Christian origins it shouldn't. At last only in Europe we have a Swedish Rite (which fascinates me, by the way). ;-)

I also read the article from The Masonic Trowel. The author is more or less wrong on everything, :) but especially on templars. I agree that Scottish Rite is using templar legend in some of its degrees, but it doesn’t make SR member a templar. Why? Because you can not separate chivalric orders from Christianity! Order's knight is a monk-warrior. Without Christianity it’s just a warrior, not a knight. So, in my opinion, members of KT, CBCS or SwR are (neo)templars and SR members are not. But of course it doesn’t make them worse kind of Masons in any way.

Frats from sunny Warsaw!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Warrior1256 likes this.
  8. Warrior1256

Congratulations Brother!

Kalip78 likes this.
  9. Kalip78

Kalip78 Registered User

Thanks, Bro!

S&F

Warrior1256 likes this.
  10. Warrior1256

Let us know when you get knighted and how it went.

Kalip78 likes this.
  11. Kalip78

Kalip78 Registered User

I will, Bro! The plan is KT on Friday 24th and KM on Saturday 25th (independent order style).

Frats from Warsaw!

Warrior1256 likes this.

Share My Freemasonry