My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widows sons in Texas

Jrich

Maybe a dumb question but are the widows sons in Texas? If not is there any particular reason or just no interest?

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Mobile

Winter

Premium Member
The Grand Master of Texas issued an edict about a decade ago that Texas Masons were forbidden from being members of the Widows Sons.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
The Grand Master of Texas issued an edict about a decade ago that Texas Masons were forbidden from being members of the Widows Sons.

Just to clarify, the GM enforced the 2007 GL decision, rather than making an independent decision.

JanneProeliator

I'm guessing it is the one with a woman on it.

WS in Texas could of use the winged pyramid that most of the WS around US and the world use or square and compass as they use in UK.
Banning the whole association for a patch that is not widely used seem a bit over board.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
WS in Texas could of use the winged pyramid that most of the WS around US and the world use or square and compass as they use in UK.
Banning the whole association for a patch that is not widely used seem a bit over board.
At me time the Elvira patch was widely used and on the official WS page. In Utah, that was just one of the reasons.