Widows Sons

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Sk3tchNinja, Mar 25, 2015.

1. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Small versions of that conflict seem to happen in some state or another every couple of years. All of the past ones have blown over in under a year, except that one.

Some of them are not nearly as spectacular. Jobs Daughters can not operate in Texas for example. Some conflict about background checks and putting practices about them in place before a deadline.

2. rpbrown

rpbrown Premium Member

I am, well lets just say over 60. Been riding since I was 12. I have a Harley and love to ride. With that said, I am also a Master Mason, Senior Warden and a Scottish Rite Mason.
    I do wear a vest, mostly for protection. And it has saved me some road rash at least once. Since I wear a vest, and am a Master Mason, I do have a Square and Compass on the back. Not because I want to look like a OMC but because I am proud to be a Mason and want to show it. I have never heard anything but good about my vest. In fact, others (non-bikers) have ordered them from me as well.

Attached Files:

Morris likes this.
  3. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

That matter wasn't nearly as trivial as you make it sound. Perhaps you should research it more thoroughly.

4. Browncoat

Browncoat Registered User

Apologies for the delay in my response, Brother. For some reason, my browser has been having issues with this site over the last few days. Apparently I need to purge my cache or something. /shrug

I don't have the answer. These things are largely political and pop up often outside of Masonry as well. It's sort of like a copyright/trademark issue with one company suing another over using images incorrectly or illegally. With Michigan, it appears as though the GL wants ownership of logos in exchange for GL approval. Some view it as a bit of damage control, others view it as a power play.

Both sides have valid points.

5. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

No. In Utah, they came to the GM and requested approval of their bylaws in the appropriate manner there was no disrespect shown. To the contrary.

6. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

With respect, "we" don't decide. This is an issue for the members of that sovereign GL to decide.

Bill Lins likes this.
  7. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

This is correct. The Gand Lodge within each State jurisdiction has the sole discretion as to what Masonic orders, bodies, or groups operate. There is no higher authority.

Bro. Allen and Bill Lins like this.
  8. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Yet I am a PM in two jurisdictions so I have at least a potential vote in both. I and included in the members of those sovereign GLs. This is included in what you meant so I include it for expansion. I have voted for or against acceptance of assorted groups asking for appendent body status, though I don't recall Widow's Sons coming up for vote during any of the years I held a vote.

I rather wish the WS rode in a type of full leathers that I see on what might be called "crotch rocket" cycles rather than the vests and patches style. Different look than the one percenters and I think that difference to be desirable.

MarkR likes this.
  9. Companion Joe

Companion Joe Premium Member

I totally agree. Yes, despite what some may think, your choice of clothes makes a statement.

I think back to the Past Master charge where we are instructed that through virtuous conduct we are to convince mankind of the goodness of Freemasonry.

Bill Lins likes this.
  10. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Nevada has a charge for its PMs?

11. Browncoat

Browncoat Registered User

And nothing convinces mankind more about virtuous conduct than the clothes you're wearing, right?

12. Companion Joe

No, but it is certainly the first impression you make, and if you are dressed like a hoodlum, chances are they will not stick around for you to make a second one.

Bill Lins and dalinkou like this.
  13. Companion Joe

I can't speak for Nevada, but I'd feel safe in saying if the Past Master's degree is conferred, then there is a charge.

You don't have to be an actual PM to receive the degree, and not all actual PMs take the degree. It is conferred as part of the York Rite or as part of joining a Past Master's Association.

14. Ripcord22A

Arent you from nevada? If not i apologize

15. Companion Joe

No, Tennessee.

16. pointwithinacircle2

pointwithinacircle2 Rapscallion Premium Member

17. Ripcord22A

My bad i thought u were from las vegas...got u confused with another brother on here

18. jvarnell

jvarnell Premium Member

No but I have meet them and others are Bike Rallies. As am member of the GLoT I am not allowed to even talk to them because of the edict of 2007. My vest was the one with the Cross Of Lorain on it and I was warring that before I became a MM because it is a Family thing from about 800ad which is before the Templars used it.

19. jvarnell

jvarnell Premium Member

No you are wrong you have to be a MM to belong to the WS in the states where they are.

20. jvarnell

jvarnell Premium Member

Which values are those and where are they written so we can judge what you are looking at. So the William Morgan thing should always tarnish Masonry after all these years? So because of a un becoming patch that is not used anymore tarnish the WS. Should the Easternstar(prince hall) MC lady that is in jail in Waco because she was at a TCoC Texas conferderation of clubs meeting tarnish the easternstar? https://amyirenewhite.wordpress.com...he-queen-another-female-biker-victim-of-waco/

Share My Freemasonry