My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wise Quotes n phrases

cog41

Premium Member
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."~~~Will Rogers

"if you growl all day you'll end up "dog tired" at night."~~~~Vance Havner

cog41

Premium Member
"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burden of it for anyone else."~~~~Charles Dickens

"If I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible that main cause of the ruinous revolution that swallowed up some 60 million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat: "Men had forgotten God, that is why all this has happened."~~~~Alexander Solzehnitsyn

cog41

Premium Member
"The greatest pleasure I have known is to do a good action by stealth, and to have it found out by accident,"~~~Charles Lamb

"Wherever a man turns he can find someone who needs him."~~~~Albert Schweitzer

cog41

Premium Member
"There are two types of freedoms--the false, where a man is free to do what he wants; the true, where a man is free to do what he ought."~~~~Charles Kingsley

"Justice, sir, is the greatest interest of man on earth. It is the ligament that holds civilized beings and civilized nations."~~~~Daniel Webster

cog41

Premium Member
"There are exactly as many special occasions in life as we choose to celebrate." ~~~~Robert Brault

"If you don't think everyday is a good day, just try missing one."~~~Cavett Robert

cog41

Premium Member
"The measure of life is not its duration but its donation."

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned."

Peter Marshall

cog41

Premium Member
"But hereof be assured, that all is not lawful or just that is statute by civil laws: neither yet is everything sin before God, which ungodly persons allege to be treason." ~~~~John Knox

"Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes."~~~~Author Unknown

cog41

Premium Member
"Whenever governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins." ~~~~Elbridge Gerry

"No occupation is so delightful to me as the culture of the earth, and no culture comparable to that of the garden." ~~~~ Thomas Jefferson

cog41

Premium Member
"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." ~~~~ James Madison

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." ~~~~ Winston Churchill

cog41

Premium Member
"Nobody makes a greater mistake than he who does nothing because he can do only a little." ~~~~Edmund Burke

"I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on man unless they act." ~~~~ G. K. Chesterton

Dhahranswa

Work for a cause, NOT for applause.

Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt.

cog41

Premium Member
"Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict."~~~~William Ellery

"Foreign influence is truly the Grecian horse to a republic. We cannot be too careful to exclude its influence."~~~~Alexander Hamilton

cog41

Premium Member
"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear."~~~~President of the United States, Brother Harry S. Truman

Bro_Vick

Premium Member
"I don't know the key to success. But the key to failure is trying to please everybody".
Bill Cosby

cog41

Premium Member
"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when Knowledge is diffused and Virtue preserved. On the contrary when people are universally ignorant, and debauched in their manners, they will sink under their own weight without the aid of foreign invaders."~~~~Samuel Adams

David Hill

"Nature loves courage. You make the commitment and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up. This is the trick. This is what all these teachers and philosophers who really counted, who really touched the alchemical gold, this is what they understood. This is the shamanic dance in the waterfall. This is how magic is done. By hurling yourself into the abyss and discovering its a feather bed."

- Terence McKenna

cog41

Premium Member
"But the mild voice of reason, pleading the cause of an enlarged and permanent interest, is but too often drowned, before public bodies as well as individuals, by the clamors of an impatient avidity for immediate and immoderate gain." ~~~~ James Madison

"Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm." ~~~~ James Madison