My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Women In Masonry - Spin-Off

Do women deserve their own, women only, organization?

• Of Coarse, why does a man HAVE to be present at thier meetings?

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • No way. I want to be apart of what they do too. It may be better.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No they have OES. That's all they need.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Doesn't matter to you.

Votes: 15 27.3%

• Total voters

owls84

Premium Member
Based on the responses, Do you feel that Women should have their own orginazation, just like Blue Lodge but female only no men allowed?

T

Taurus27

They can do whatever they like............except.......impose their will on me or my Lodge.
There are sites with women masons, and I won't join and discuss with them at all. I took a S...O.. not to confer with those not recognised by my Lodge.

This idea of women calling themselves 'brothers"...........hrumpf!
Cannot accept that under any circumstance.

T

Taurus27

I've stated in another post that my comments should NOT be construed as sexist........for I an not. Some of my really good friends are women.
I've stated why I can't discuss Masonic matters with women, and if people have a problem with that statement, then I suggest they go back to the S...O and re-read it.
OES and the other orgs are wonderful for those in it and I don't have a problem whatsoever, and if they're happy........so am I.
Men have an outlet to be with other men.........why can't women?
But some of these co-masonry groups call women "brothers".....I find it odd...what's wrong with "sister"?:confused:

Not matter where you go in this World....this arguement will always crop up and as soon as the M/S mason states his belief........you can bet that someone else will take offence.
That's life, ain't it?

Last edited by a moderator:

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
It would be cool, but there are great organazations that embrace the duality of humans and I think those are the future not the exclusive ones.

Nate Riley

Premium Member
Are there not organizations out there that are women only organizations? They may not be affiliated with the Masonic lodge (like OES), but certainly there are some out there.

fairbanks1363pm

there are plenty organizations out there for men and women to join. i thinking allowing women in and having to change our obligation would be a slap in the tradition of our fraternities face. next would be allowing athiest.

susan

You men.... lol .... I am new to all this ... but if want this womans opinion.....then.... No we should not have an exclusive masonic order for just us. We have other thing for us.. IT IS NOT BROKEN WE SHOULD NOT FIX IT. men need and want (in my opinion) to go out and hang out with other men and as a woman I would preffer my man (if I had one) to be at the lodge as a possed to the bar. As far as OES is concerned it is for Masonic women therefore a Mason should show up same with Rainbows a Mason has to be there. I know my oldest wants to be a Mason but I am old fashasioned and think its not broke don't fix it. Besides If I were really wanting to know I can look it up on line. But I am not... Your traditions are yours.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
You men.... lol .... I am new to all this ... but if want this womans opinion.....then.... No we should not have an exclusive masonic order for just us. We have other thing for us.. IT IS NOT BROKEN WE SHOULD NOT FIX IT. men need and want (in my opinion) to go out and hang out with other men and as a woman I would preffer my man (if I had one) to be at the lodge as a possed to the bar. As far as OES is concerned it is for Masonic women therefore a Mason should show up same with Rainbows a Mason has to be there. I know my oldest wants to be a Mason but I am old fashasioned and think its not broke don't fix it. Besides If I were really wanting to know I can look it up on line. But I am not... Your traditions are yours.

i agree with susan insofar as this: women need/want other things than masonry. how come our path must cross theirs? women are totally different beings with totally different needs. they learn their path from wise and learned women, just as we learn ours from wise and learned men.

no wise and learned (emphasis here on "ed") woman i know would create what we call masonry, or want to join at all, for that matter.

also, i'm really glad there's finally a woman on these forums. finally, someone to keep order around here!

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
They can do whatever they like............except.......impose their will on me or my Lodge.
There are sites with women masons, and I won't join and discuss with them at all. I took a S...O.. not to confer with those not recognised by my Lodge.

This idea of women calling themselves 'brothers"...........hrumpf!
Cannot accept that under any circumstance.

I respect your opinion on this matter but if you talk Masonry with a woman Freemason this is not a violation of your obligation.