Women in masonry

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by zouzoum, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Yes. Joseph's participation in the fraternity was rather limited, as shown in History of the Church and his journals. A timeline helps demonstrate this: while the Kirtland Temple was dedicated on March 27, 1836, he was not made a Master Mason until March 16, 1842. He was martyred in 1844.

2. tldubb

tldubb Premium Member

coachn likes this.
  3. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

@Bloke go back and look at his post that i replied to. Just like he keeps talking about MASONERY he

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

4. Ripcord22A

Because that is THE only way to be positive. They can know the grips and words and even show you a dues card but until strict trial due examination or proper info you cant be positive!

Bill Lins, tldubb and Warrior1256 like this.
  5. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Absolutely right. In Kentucky it is required that you have actually sat in lodge with a person before you can vouch for them.

Ripcord22A likes this.
  6. Ripcord22A

I assume that these other Brothers are referring to behavior and actions of a man, and ones ability to interact with another amd determine that he is a Freemason before actually knowing. I say Poppycock. As i have interacted with plenty of men that displayed the characteristics of being a MASON but were not....and those that were that didnt display the characteristics

Bill Lins and tldubb like this.
  7. Travelling Man91

Travelling Man91 Registered User

How many freemasons would you estimate that you have sat in Lodge with ?

8. phulseapple

phulseapple Premium Member

What Grand Lodge and Lodge does this Joaben guy allegedly belong to?

Warrior1256 likes this.
  9. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

looking-at-wrist-watch_XSmall_jpg-282x282.jpg

Cue Crickets...

10. Ripcord22A

Idk...maybe 100

11. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

I dont know - but it would be over 1,000

12. Travelling Man91

Travelling Man91 Registered User

So you can only vouch for 100 freemasons right ? Do you believe that half the men you associate with on the app/ blog are freemasons ? So what happens when you see a brother mason in distress that you have never sat in Lodge with ? Do you say we'll I don't actually know if he is a freemason so I'm not going to help ? Just trying to understand, maybe we do things a little different in my jurisdiction.

13. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

Dues card, valid ID, a lodge directory and a few targeted questions, unless I have sat in lodge with him. And "yes", I do know some jurisdictions don't have dues cards.

Zack likes this.
  14. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

I wonder if we apply a different standard of recognition between performing a charitable act, and conversing on the secrets of Freemasonry?

Ripcord22A and Scoops like this.
  15. Zack

Zack Registered User

Yes. At least I do. And I think we should.

coachn likes this.
  16. Ripcord22A

So by distress im asuming that you mean about to be in physical harm? Cause if so im gonna help a person no matter what. If you mean financial then ill direct them to the lodge secretary or almoner of the AASR Valley.

There are some on here that i believe to be freemasons and some i know for a fact are not and some im not sure. But as bro Glenn said vouching for in lodge is differnt then preforming a charitable act......

17. Joaben

Joaben Registered User

One point wich demonstrate nthe incohrerence of sexis masonery (depite their arrogance or insults ...) :

They pretend and pretext their sexism abour "regularity" to antient customs and old charges.
    On the same time they don't deny that women can be freemasons. They just want they "don't mason" with them.
    It is totally incoherent. If you pretend to follow Old Charges, Antient landmarks, Women can not be freemasons !
    So the pretext "regularity" of the sexism of your organisation falls !
    But the capacity of insult, reject, discreditate freemasons ... you are unable to regonize ... being apparently ignorant of the tricentenary process...
    If you choosed not to play by arrogance, insults, there should be matter of discussion on this subject. But you see more focus on discredidating your interlocutor.

18. Joaben

Joaben Registered User

Apprently total ignorant of the basics of freemasonery ... stated for every initiate at the 1rst degree... And you pretend coach !!!

19. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Considering that Annual Communication at GL are tiled events, a lot. Vastly more than I can remember especially given that many Brothers go through the line and don't go back to GL so only some become regulars.

That's in addition to relocations, attending lodges in assorted districts, visits and so on.

20. Ripcord22A

But you keep insulting us! Look in the mirrior man. You are a typical liberal...."everyone that doesnt believe like you is wrong and must change, or we will shame them untill they do!"

Warrior1256 likes this.

Share My Freemasonry