My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you purchase a Texas Freemason License Plate?

Would you buy a Masonic license plate for $30?

• Yes

Votes: 202 92.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 7.3%

• Total voters

Texan92

there is one already available you can get and it is just 30 dollars a year added on to your renewal fee that you pay for your vehicle registration

Freemason Connect Mobile

dfreybur

Premium Member
there is one already available you can get and it is just 30 dollars a year added on to your renewal fee that you pay for your vehicle registration

Strangely, the charge was twice that to get new plates on a car from out of state. I've had MM plates in two states so far over the years so when my wife went to get the cars registered she asked. Sixty to get MM plates from the gate, 30 at renewal time. She called me at the office about it. I asked her to go through the line again to double check. Did I mention how excellent my wife is? Same the the next time as well. I'll likely switch to MM plates in a year at renewal time.

Any idea if it's $60 for the plates with a newly licensed car?

CzarAlexis

I checked the DPS site for these plates. They are $30 for standard and $40 for personalized letter/numbers.

However to get it personalized it seems like its ON TOP of the original $30. So on essence, you are paying a total of $70 for personalized Texas Mason plates.

Freemason Connect Mobile

sallred90

I would if I could get my truck registered down there with me being in Illinois ...our basic plates run right at $100 dollars here

Freemason Connect Mobile

dfreybur

Premium Member
I would if I could get my truck registered down there with me being in Illinois ...our basic plates run right at $100 dollars here

I had MM plates when I lived in Illinois. The added price is similar to the added price in Texas.

If you want expensive plates try California or Georgia. More digits. If you want cheap plates and it's not your only vehicle NC lets you renew whether you're still a resident or not ...

dew_time

We have them in ohio. Its an extra $25 and some of that fee goes back to the order.

Freemason Connect Mobile

dew_time

This post brings up a question for all that are MM's. Ohio offers these plates and OES plates to anyone that pays the fee. Would members of either group be offended if a non-member had them?

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Freemasonry mobile app

tbcrisler

I think that would be a yes.....
Yes you are supporting it but if you are not actually a Mason or OES then I think there
DEFINITLY would be a problem, especially if the other car involved in, say, an accident is another Mason then there might be a problem...

Freemason Connect Mobile

dew_time

Coming from a family of Masons but not being a Mason myself, I concidered the plate as show of support. However, I did notice that it says,"Freemason" on it. To me that said the person with the plate should be a Mason. With that said... my new truck has the standard issue plate and will stay that way until I am accepted as a brother and earned the right and fully understand the MM symbols and tools.

Freemason Connect Mobile

dew_time

Ohhh.. btw, my old truck also has standard issue hum drum plates too. Didn't want you thinking it had masonic plates.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Aeelorty

When I went to get my plates in Ohio they did not let me buy them unless I showed by dues card and I did not have it on me so they told me to come back later.

dew_time

Good to hear from another Ohioan here! I'm roughly 40 minutes north east of columbus.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Freemasonry mobile app

dfreybur

Premium Member
When I went to get my plates in Ohio they did not let me buy them unless I showed by dues card and I did not have it on me so they told me to come back later.

In Illinois I had to list my Illinois lodge membership. The form was passed to the G Sec office for confirmation before the plate was issued.