My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.R. College Reception for New Lodge Worshipful Masters in and Around San Antonio

BroBill

Site Benefactor
Site Benefactor
York_College_Logo.jpg

Texian York Rite College #60 is hosting our annual Reception for newly installed Lodge Worshipful Masters in and around the San Antonio area (to include but not limited to Kerrville, Pleasanton, Boerne). The reception is Sunday, September 16th, from 2:00 - 4:00 PM at the Alzafar Shrine on N/NW Loop 1604. It is NOT limited to WM's and lodges from those areas, all are welcome. I wanted to list them to provide an idea of how far and wide our past honorees have represented.

All newly installed lodge Worshipful Masters are invited as our honorees and their lodge members and families are invited and encouraged to attend. It is open also to York Rite, Scottish Rite, Shrine and Commandery members and their families.

It begins at 2:00 with a social time to meet and mingle with fellow travelers, masons of all the masonic bodies in Texas, and family members. Typically, the presiding officers for all the masonic bodies in Texas attend- but I have not seen the RSVP list yet.

The reception includes champagne and finger foods. The dress is suit or jacket and tie. We request lodge WM's bring their jewel and apron for a group photo. The reception is held in the large room off the main room/auditorium. Many people enter through the door to the left of the main entrance when viewing the building from the 1604 side.

This is an annual event that - up until this year - has been held in November. Our Sovereign Commander moved it this year to September so that it would fall closer to when the WM's are actually installed. It's a very pleasant event that allows masons of all bodies to meet and mingle. There will be a portion of the reception reserved to introduce and honor our Worshipful Masters.

We hope to see all our local lodges represented and we look forward to meeting and honoring the WM's from our lodges and thanking them for their committment to their lodges and masonry.

BroBill
Preceptor
Texian York Rite College #60

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
I hope you all have a good time! My College just conferred the Cryptic degrees this last week. It's always good to hear stories like this.

BroBill

Site Benefactor
Site Benefactor
Nasty weather- nay, torrential downpour- aside, the reception went very well with a good turnout of Worshipful Masters and good representation of officers from the Grand Lodge, Chapter, Council, and Commandery. Hopefully next year the weather will cooperate!

p_2012_WM_Recep_19.jpg

Pictured- The Governor, Texian York Rite College #60, our honored guests, the WM's from several San Antonio area lodges, and their ladies.

BroBill

Site Benefactor
Site Benefactor
p_2012_WM_Recep_18.jpg

One other picture from the reception- this is the Governor, Texian York Rite College #60 (Center, rear) and our honored guests, the Worshipful Masters from several local (including Kerrville) Lodges.

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
Mother Nature can lay the best laid plans to the side. I'm glad you had a good reception though.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Sounds like it was still a good time. The more I think about it the more I realize I need to get back down to San Antonio soon. Look at the bright side you all finally got some rain. My dad has said it has been pretty dry down there.

BroBill

Site Benefactor
Site Benefactor
Thumbs up on the rain Brother! Thumbs up! Lots of lodge doors are wide open for you when you do get back down here!