York Rite College

Discussion in 'The York Rite' started by cjapgar, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Companion Joe

Companion Joe Premium Member

My York Rite College is perhaps the strongest Masonic body in my area. It is made up of the most dedicated Masons. We certainly confer degrees. We not only confer the Knight of York, but our College has a Third Degree team that travels to local lodges and confers the third degree with the entire cast wearing tuxedoes. One of the biggest compliments we ever got was something I overheard when we were invited to a small, rural lodge. We were in the middle of the work when one of its members leaned over and told his buddy, "Now this is what I thought Masonry would be like."

Warrior1256 and Ripcord22A like this.
  2. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Asking what it takes to become a KCCH/IGH in the AASR and or KYCH or YR. college shouldnt and as far as i know doesn’t bar someone. What bars someone is asking for the rank/membership. Ie “ hey Tom your a KCCH right? How bout you tell Steve, he’s the guy that selects the next ones right? How bout you tell him to promote me? I deserve that red hat more then anyone else

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Warrior1256 and Glen Cook like this.
  3. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Btw....I know that’s not how it works...lol....just used it as an example

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

4. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

One of the strongest here also.
    Same here.
    Same here. I had only worn a tuxedo once before in my life but it is standard wear in the College, lol.
    Great!

5. Warrior1256

Agreed.

6. Rifleman1776

Rifleman1776 Registered User

Warrior, you are correct. There are many in Masonry who delight in collecting titles and degrees. As anyone who has attended any Grand association meeting knows that many who attend do so only to get introduced. And some of those introductions stretch over several minutes. We are not Masons to get attention.

Bloke and Warrior1256 like this.
  7. Warrior1256

I agree. I am a member of a number of Masonic organizations because I enjoy what they have to offer! If / when I stop enjoying them I will demit. I also understand completely what you are saying about the Grand associations. The entire morning of the first day of Grand Lodge is taken up with introductions.

8. Warrior1256

Tuxedos at my College.
    I was at the officer installation of a lodge and the Brother that was being installed as Junior Warden was in a pair of jean shorts and a sweat shirt with the sleeves cut out!!! I couldn't believe it!

9. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Meh... the first time I was invited on a Grand (Craft) Team I declined and was told I would never be asked again. I've been asked to apply for the Grand Team so many times by so many people (including GM Elects) that I have lost count. I've declined every time because I dont have the time and do things in Freemasonry no one else can or is willing to do.... I get the thinking on what you were told, such things are pursued by some title hunters and just like I don't put up a PM for Grand Rank who does nothing but yet keeps asking me to do it, people who ask for such things should be treated differently from those just looking to make a contribution or expand their masonic knowledge.. but if its a "rank" more than a degree, that's a different story, but how are you to know that unless you ask or research...

Warrior1256 likes this.
  10. Warrior1256

Totally agree!

Share My Freemasonry