My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

York Rite College

cjapgar

Premium Member
I've been invited and have accepted the invitation to join Knight of York College #150 in Long Beach, Ca. I'm looking forward to the degree this coming Sunday in San Diego. Many of my fellow Companions and Sir Knight's that I have made the York Rite journey with are going to be there as well. I'm super excited and honored to have this opportunity and an ready for an exciting Sunday afternoon.

Freemason Connect HD

Jericho2013

Premium Member
Congratulations! Can you explain what the York Rite College is and the degree? Are you invited after a certain number of years of service? Please forgive my ignorance as I went Scottish Rite but I'm really interested in joining the York Rite soon.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
"The York Rite Sovereign College of North America exists primarily to be of service to the York Rite of Freemasonry. Constituent colleges must declare fealty to the Grand Lodge of their respective jurisdictions. The pre-requisite for membership, which is by invitation only, is good-standing in all four York Rite bodies: Lodge, Chapter, Council and Commandery"

You can find more information on this site.

jaanthony

I've been invited and have accepted the invitation to join Knight of York College #150 in Long Beach, Ca. I'm looking forward to the degree this coming Sunday in San Diego. Many of my fellow Companions and Sir Knight's that I have made the York Rite journey with are going to be there as well. I'm super excited and honored to have this opportunity and an ready for an exciting Sunday afternoon.

Freemason Connect HD

Congratulations Sir, you will enjoy it especially the lecture. As Governor of my College it is always good to see new members being initiated.

Freemason Connect HD

cjapgar

Premium Member
Thanks Brothers. I'm looking forward to it. Jericho, I'm still in the dark right now but after Sunday I'll be happy to share what I can. Have a great week my Brothers.

Freemason Connect HD

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor

Freemason Connect HD
Congratulations Companion and Sir Knight. The initiation ceremony is an interesting one and the Lecture is one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy it.

I'm Seneschal for Tri-Valley #178 in Idaho.

Congratulations! Can you explain what the York Rite College is and the degree? Are you invited after a certain number of years of service? Please forgive my ignorance as I went Scottish Rite but I'm really interested in joining the York Rite soon.
Follow the link provided, but essentially the York Rite College exists to assist the York Rite bodies (to include the Lodges) with ritual work and they have an emphasis on education. You have to be a member of a recognized Lodge, Chapter, Council, and Commandery then be invited.

Jackel

I am the Chancellor for my College and I would agree that the lectures are some of my favorites. Good luck to you.

Companion Joe

Premium Member
I like the formality of YRC meetings as well as anything. It's nice to go to a meeting where suits or tuxedoes are mandated. We had a guy show up wearing shorts to this month's Blue Lodge stated meeting. I attended a Master Mason degree at another lodge where the candidate was wearing a flannel shirt with the sleeves cut out. I'm not a snob, but I cringed in both incidences.

Willaim Perkins

I like the formality of YRC meetings as well as anything. It's nice to go to a meeting where suits or tuxedoes are mandated. We had a guy show up wearing shorts to this month's Blue Lodge stated meeting. I attended a Master Mason degree at another lodge where the candidate was wearing a flannel shirt with the sleeves cut out. I'm not a snob, but I cringed in both incidences.
You want to see dressed up. Go to a Prince Hall Lodge meeting, those Brethren are dressed to the nines.