My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

York Rite Council

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Last night I was initiated into the Council degrees. In October will start into the Commandery degrees. Very much looking forward to it!

Companion Joe

Premium Member
Congratulations. Did you get the Super Excellent Master degree?
If not, make sure you do when/if you get the chance. It really completes the story.

Companion Joe

Premium Member
I didn't name the degree, and it predates Bill and Ted by several decades. It is and excellent adventure, though!

It's generally conferred once per year because it takes such a large cast. Without it, you don't have the whole story that takes you from the Blue Lodge to the Chapter to the Council.

Because of our location in Northeast Tennessee, we regularly have Masons from 3-4 states come to get the degree each fall.

Companion Joe

Premium Member
It is. You have three degrees in the Council: Royal Master, Select Master, Super Excellent Master.

The Super Excellent Master isn't conferred in all states.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Congratulations. Did you get the Super Excellent Master degree?
If not, make sure you do when/if you get the chance. It really completes the story.
Have not gotten it yet. I was informed that, because of the complexities of the ritual, it is only performed twice a year in this area. I will most certainly attend the first chance I get.

Mel Knight

I didn't name the degree, and it predates Bill and Ted by several decades. It is and excellent adventure, though!

It's generally conferred once per year because it takes such a large cast. Without it, you don't have the whole story that takes you from the Blue Lodge to the Chapter to the Council.

Because of our location in Northeast Tennessee, we regularly have Masons from 3-4 states come to get the degree each fall.

When is your next festival?

Companion Joe

Premium Member
We just conferred the Super Excellent Master degree this past Saturday. We had a conflict in November when we normally do it, so we did it as a stand alone event. I am not sure yet if we will do it again in November because there has been talk of leaving it on its own.