My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

York Rite or Scottish Rite

Jorge Rojas Jr.

Hey Brothers Happy Holidays, I wanted to get your opinion on the difference between YR and SR. I'm a MM looking for more of a clear picture of brothers on both sides, before I choose on what direction I want to go.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
They are completely different programs. One is a system, the other a conglomeration. Both offer food for thought and illumination.
There are numerous threads on this very topic.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Reactions: Mac

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
I am not a Scottish Rite Mason. However I did join the York Rite. It has been by far the most enjoyable group I have ever belonged to in any organization ever. The degrees are great. I knew I wanted to join the YR before I was ever an EA. I love Royal Arch Masonry and one day would like to enter the grand line. Granted I am sure there are brothers who love the SR just as much. Ask around I'm betting you cannot go wrong with either or neither.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Both are very worthy organizations but I have chosen to join the York Rite first due to its Christian theme at the top.. Will probably be joining the Scottish Rite at a later date.