York Rite Symbolism

Discussion in 'The York Rite' started by JJones, May 24, 2011.

1. JJones

JJones Moderator Staff Member

Hello Brethren!

We all know Blue Lodge is absolutely full of symbolism and that made me start wondering what kind of symbols there are in York Rite. I've done some research online and haven't been able to come up with much and I'm not convinced most of those sites are very trustworthy anyhow.

Could anyone direct me to some good website or books that might explain the symbolism for these bodies?

2. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

3. tomasball

tomasball Premium Member

Best book on the subject I know of is "Freemasons Book of the Royal Arch" by Bernard Jones.

4. JJones

Thank you brothers, I'll look into both.

5. tomasball

tomasball Premium Member

The Grand Royal Arch Chapter website has links to some good articles. Also the Grand Lodge of British Columbia and Yukon has a great website with lots of historical articles, many of them on the York Rite.

6. chancerobinson

chancerobinson Registered User

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  7. KSigMason

KSigMason Traveling Templar Site Benefactor

The forum, The Sanctum Sanctorum, has some sub-forums that discuss the symbolism of the York Rite. They also discuss some books on the symbolism.

The Grand Lodge of New York has a reading course for the York Rite and this is what they have:

8. BroBill

BroBill Site Benefactor Site Benefactor

I've posted reviews for several good books under the "Education" forum. At least three of them are specifically on the symbolism of Royal Arch Masonry.

BroBill

9. JJones

Wow, somehow I had missed some of the replies here.

Thanks again for all the info everyone!

Share My Freemasonry