My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

York Rite Symbolism

JJones

Hello Brethren!

We all know Blue Lodge is absolutely full of symbolism and that made me start wondering what kind of symbols there are in York Rite. I've done some research online and haven't been able to come up with much and I'm not convinced most of those sites are very trustworthy anyhow.

Could anyone direct me to some good website or books that might explain the symbolism for these bodies?

tomasball

Premium Member
The Grand Royal Arch Chapter website has links to some good articles. Also the Grand Lodge of British Columbia and Yukon has a great website with lots of historical articles, many of them on the York Rite.

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
The forum, The Sanctum Sanctorum, has some sub-forums that discuss the symbolism of the York Rite. They also discuss some books on the symbolism.

The Grand Lodge of New York has a reading course for the York Rite and this is what they have:

12. The Tabernacle Near the Ruins, the Royal Arch Course:

• Royal Arch, Capstone of Freemasonry by Ray Vaughn Denslow
  • Lessons in Capitular Masonry by Charles C. Hunt
  • Thomas Smith Webb, Freemason, Musician, Entrepreneur by Herbert R. Leyland
  • Light from the Sanctuary by Charles Albert Snodgrass
  • The Royal Arch, its Hidden Meaning by George Harold Steinmetz
13. The Secret Vault Under the Tabernacle, the Cryptic Mason Course:

• An Encyclopedia of Cryptic Masonry by Ray Vaughn Denslow
  • One Hundred Years, 1823-1923, of the Grand Council of Royal and Select Masters, State of New York compiled by Herbert W. Greenlan
  • A History of the Cryptic Rite vol. 1 by Eugene E. Hinman
  • A Short Story About Cryptic Masonry by A. Thompson Phillips
14. The Commandery, the Knights Templar course:

• History of the Knights Templar by Charles G. Addison
  • The Temple and the Lodge by Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh
  • The Crusades by Michael Paine
  • The Templars by Piers Paul Read
  • Dungeon, Fire, Sword by John J. Robinson

SOURCE

BroBill

Site Benefactor
Site Benefactor
I've posted reviews for several good books under the "Education" forum. At least three of them are specifically on the symbolism of Royal Arch Masonry.

BroBill