My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Prediction: Freemasonry in 5-10 Years

brother josh

I'm finding that the older guys are opening up to the more esoteric aspects of the craft that usually get overlooked.
Yes agreed its the same thing in my lodge younger minds with such a thirst for knowledge

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

jwhoff

Premium Member
My prediction is that we will really begin to take off when the old ideas of what freemasonry should be (a civic organization that should place little emphasis on the esoteric part of freemasonry, as I can see in much of the older crowd) gives way to the younger more open-minded men who hold ideals much more in line with the ideals of the Enlightenment. I think this will translate to more isolated lodges dying off and more urban lodges growing, since in urban areas people tend to be more open and tolerant.

Brother, I can't wait for that!

legorix

The ebb and flow is a Universal Law, there will be ups and downs as there's always been. In the next five to ten years I see renewed interest because of all the information that's available on line. Whether a lot of this information is sensationalistic or not doesn't really matter.It serves its purpose. It's like this Wiseman once said "good publicity and bad publicity, is just publicity."

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using My Freemasonry HD mobile app

Companion Joe

Premium Member
The next few years will see a resurgence similar to the post WWII boom, but not likely on the same scale. We have thousands of returning veterans who will seek the fraternal bond they enjoyed in the military. Our Lodge membership is overwhelmingly veterans. All three of our stationed officers and six total are veterans. We have members that have served in every conflict from WWII to Afghanistan.

I think we are already up to 10 EAs this year. Our Lodge is set to have its best membership increase in I'm sure 40 years.

I truly am excite about the direction of our Lodge and Masonry in our state.

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
Masonry will keep on keeping on. These same stories of "numbers falling, membership failing, we are doomed" have been around in short talk bulletins since the 1930 and before. There have been many articles and books spent on the subject, and yet it keeps on keeping on. Equating numbers to success will always result in failure. All the new fancy ways to increase numbers only works temporarily, end the end you have members, not Masons.

The Lodges job is to create Master Masons. To do that you have to get people involved. To use the word of the month, proper vetting is needed. Set the expectations of candidates from jump. Then meet the expectations you have set.
Masonry became about numbers the moment masonry centered on money.

We redid our lodge last summer. Now we're feeling the crunch. Every meeting is someone selling tickets for some X night at the lodge. 25- here 50- there. That adds up when you have a child in day care which is pulling 900+ a month out of my wallet.
Brothers; What is a lodge?

Freemason Connect Premium App
The esoteric meaning is known by all Masons. The issue again is the Grand Lodge Constitution. We cannot conduct business without adhering to the rules and regs set down by our constitution.

Last edited: