Your Prediction: Freemasonry in 5-10 Years

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Blake Bowden, Feb 8, 2009.

1. brother josh

brother josh Registered User

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

2. Browncoat

Browncoat Registered User

Wait...what do you mean prediction? Didn't anyone get the memo? We're taking over the world in 2017.

3. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

Brother, I can't wait for that!

4. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

A return to a focus on Charity, the Virtue, and a more serious tone within lodge.

5. legorix

legorix Registered User

The ebb and flow is a Universal Law, there will be ups and downs as there's always been. In the next five to ten years I see renewed interest because of all the information that's available on line. Whether a lot of this information is sensationalistic or not doesn't really matter.It serves its purpose. It's like this Wiseman once said "good publicity and bad publicity, is just publicity."

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using My Freemasonry HD mobile app

6. Companion Joe

Companion Joe Premium Member

The next few years will see a resurgence similar to the post WWII boom, but not likely on the same scale. We have thousands of returning veterans who will seek the fraternal bond they enjoyed in the military. Our Lodge membership is overwhelmingly veterans. All three of our stationed officers and six total are veterans. We have members that have served in every conflict from WWII to Afghanistan.

I think we are already up to 10 EAs this year. Our Lodge is set to have its best membership increase in I'm sure 40 years.

I truly am excite about the direction of our Lodge and Masonry in our state.

John Doe123 likes this.
  7. Brother_Steve

Brother_Steve Premium Member

Masonry became about numbers the moment masonry centered on money.

We redid our lodge last summer. Now we're feeling the crunch. Every meeting is someone selling tickets for some X night at the lodge. 25- here 50- there. That adds up when you have a child in day care which is pulling 900+ a month out of my wallet.
    The esoteric meaning is known by all Masons. The issue again is the Grand Lodge Constitution. We cannot conduct business without adhering to the rules and regs set down by our constitution.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014

Share My Freemasonry