Your Ring

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by stuntman98, Apr 28, 2013.

1. tldubb

tldubb Premium Member

My light had since I was raised in '96...had been through some rough times, had to have a jeweler repair one of the points on the compass..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using My Freemasonry HD mobile app

Attached Files:

2. dmbarr964

dmbarr964 Registered User

This was something I was wondering myself" if I could wear a masonic ring" prior to my raising. What I was told was that, no I shouldn't because it give a false impression and I would not be able to prove my self a mason.

Hoc Signo Vincam

3. mrpierce17

mrpierce17 KOP Council director / Lodge instructor Premium Member

What you where told is correct until you have reached the sublime degree of master mason and you are comfortable being tried you should Not ware anything masonic , along with giving the false impression that you are a master mason you would not be able to defend the craft to the fullest extant if you where ask the question dealing in the third degree.. ..brother I hope this was helpful

4. dmbarr964

Ty mepierce17. Lol you explained perfectly, I didn't explain myself too well. I had those questions many years ago.

Hoc Signo Vincam

5. mrpierce17

mrpierce17 KOP Council director / Lodge instructor Premium Member

Dang it and just when I thought I had spread a little light to someone today ...smh....lol

6. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

The answer does vary jurisdiction to jurisdiction to jurisdiction so it has to be asked locally. There are rules in some jurisdictions, traditions in others. In the last year on this forum it's been reported that at least one Australia jurisdiction allows wearing symbols after being initiated. The jurisdictions where I am a member the tradition/rule is either after being raised or after presenting your MM proficiency. It's easy to say after giving your MM proficiency as that's the most conservative answer but the local answer might be less conservative.

7. BigDre357

BigDre357 Registered User

You are not actually a Mason until you get the sublime degree so you should not wear it

Illus. Bro. Drennon P.M. 32°

8. clc

clc Premium Member

Depends on your jurisdiction. In my jurisdiction you are made a mason in the EA. but should refrain from wearing jewelry until you are raised out of tradition. There is no written rule in TX

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

Travelling Man91 likes this.
  9. MBC

MBC Twice Registered User Premium Member

By the way, there is also no any written rules about masonic rings in UGLE. So, A UGLE EA can wear masonic rings.

10. usmcvet

usmcvet Registered User

We were all made Masons when we became Entered Apprentices.

11. dmbarr964

You were made an EA mason so a ea rind can be worn not a fc nor a mm

Hoc Signo Vincam

12. BigDre357

I wasn't made a Mason until my sublime when I was raised to Master Mason

13. MBC

A 32° can entitled to use the Illus. bro. style?
    Sorry for the off topic.

14. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Take a look at BigDre357's profile. The grand lodge he lists is not a recognized one so likely his statements do apply to his jurisdiction. They sure don't apply to regular jurisdictions. He likely did not know at the time he was petitioning to a clandestine lodge. Please look into healing, step-brother Reuben Drennon!

We are Masons as soon as we complete our EA obligation though many jurisdictions don't have EA/FCs wear jewelry. We aren't Illustrious until we are coroneted (not sure if that's the correct word) 33rd degree.

Raymond Walters likes this.
  15. MBC

Oh thanks Bro. dfreybur for explaining!

16. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

That's the correct word (other than it should be a double T, i.e., coronetted.)

17. tldubb

tldubb Premium Member

We have class tonight for our EA's and they have to show proficiency 3rd Sunday of this month. I would like to invite any brothers that might be in the area.

Bro. Todd L Wilson, JD
    Clarence C. Kittrell #149 ( PHA )
    MWPHGL of PA
    4301 N.Broad Street
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Sent from my SCH-I545 using My Freemasonry HD mobile app

18. BigDre357

33rd is sovereign not illustrious

19. MBC

Sovereign bro.?
    I've never heard of it before...

20. BigDre357

We are recognized I don't clandestine anything bro but in our jurisdiction you are If you are not raised as a master Mason you are not considered a Mason there for you cannot wear a ring

Share My Freemasonry