My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Wedding day

Bro.BruceBenjamin

Premium Member
What was your most memorable moment about your wedding day?

Mine was when I dropped my wifes ring. Note to future husbands don't use so much lotion lol.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
My Grand Father, who was a retired Baptist Preacher, forgot to announce Mr and Mrs Bowden..lol. Good stuff, but the most memorable was seeing my friends and family in the church as my soon-to-be wife made her way towards the altar.

And yes, too much lotion can be hazardous...lol.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
The bands my wife picked out had alternating diamonds & rubies. Unbeknownst to her, I had a small cross made to match & attached it to a chain. After putting the rings on her finger, I explained that as the rings symbolize our love for each other, the cross symbolizes God's love for us, and then put the necklace around her neck. Y'all should have seen her face- it was a great surprise! :)

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
I'll never forget that just before all the groomsmen and I were to enter the sanctuary, they all circled around me and produced Car Keys in their hands. One of my groomsmen said "we decided to give you a chance to take any of our cars and leave, we'll cover for you". LMAO, almost 10 years later I am glad that I never took them up on the offer.

The hardest decision that I ever made regarding the wedding was choosing my best man, I still regret my choice today.

Oh and BTW, it is NOT a great Idea to have your batchelor party the night before the wedding at a place that stays open unil 4:00AM! I'd love to elaborate, but.... what happens there, stays there!

owls84

Premium Member
For me it was seeing my wife for the first time in her dress. I thought it was perfect. I was fortunate enough to have Tom Shelton, my WM at the time, perform my ceremony. It was his first wedding to perform so we had a lot of freedom to personalize the actual ceremony. I will also always remember my vows and how they too were personalized. Not only did I give a vow to my wife I also performed a vow to my step-daughter while I put a diamond locket on her neck.

I used Brother Rhitland come up with some very symbolic meaning of marriage that we used. By having Tom perform the ceremony, I felt tied into my Masonic Journey since he Senior Deacon'd every degree of mine. All in all it was OUR wedding. We did what WE wanted to do and got every result we wanted so all in all it was the perfect day.

Last edited:

Bro.BruceBenjamin

Premium Member
I cant believe I am saying this, but since my wife has become a wedding planner I am actually enjoying working in this industry. Lean and mean wedding planner lol....:w00t: