My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zohar

zouzoum

Its abook written in 2nd century talking about the mystical aspects of the torah and studied by kabbalah

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
In a broader context, it is a speculative religious work of Jewish mysticism. It is no more inherently Masonic than would be the writings of Soren Kierkegaard or St. Hildegard of Bingen. However, like those two bodies of work, it may prove valuable to an individual.

pointwithinacircle2

Rapscallion
Premium Member
I have a copy. I do not feel that I have achieved much understanding from simply reading the text on my own. I believe that I would need a mentor or guide to help me to comprehend the depth of the meanings it contains.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
It makes sense that you feel that its usefulness for self-study is limited. The Zohar was written in the context of groups of Jewish mystics, particularly the Merkabah mystics. They weren't hermits. They worked together.