15' Apple Macbook Pro 2.53 Core i5 w/Applecare Warranty $1300

Discussion in 'The Marketplace' started by Blake Bowden, May 15, 2011.

1. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

Speed up your computer applications with the Apple MC372LLA's 2.53GHz Intel Core i5 processor along with 3072 KB cache memory. The built-in NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphic processor of this 15.4 inch laptop delivers 3D gaming effects by taking your gaming experience to entirely different level. You can store huge amount of digital data with this Apple MacBook Pro's 500 GB hard drive. This 15.4 inch laptop's 1440 x 900 maximum display resolutions treats your eyes with terrific clarity and dazzling viewing experience. You can chat with your friends, colleagues, and clients with this Apple MacBook Pro's Integrated Video Camera. The Apple MC372LLA is very lightweight and has 9 hours battery life span that leaves you with no excuse to not take it with you wherever you go.

Purchased in May 2010 and since day one the Macbook Pro has been in a Speck hardshell case so there are NO scuffs, blemishes, scratches, dings, etc. It also has a palm rest and trackpad protector so there are no signs of wear at all! It's also under warranty through Apple Care till May 2013!

3na3kc3l15O05T05Z0b5d0ebc4286562118b3.jpg
    3n23k73o05V05O05R1b5dfb1e84fd8fac157d.jpg

Here's a video of Macbook Pro's...

[video=youtube;iHtNDBdkBhI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHtNDBdkBhI&feature=related[/video]

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  2. Casey

Casey Mandalorian Premium Member

Nice rig blake why you selling it? You upgraded already?

3. Blake Bowden

Re: 15' Apple Macbook Pro 2.53 Core i5 w/Applecare Warranty $1400

It's a great computer, but I wanted something a little more portable. Went and picked up a Macbook Air.

4. Michaelstedman81

Michaelstedman81 Premium Member

Just curious, Blake. For someone that has been a PC user all his life and has never used anythign from Apple other that iTunes, iPhone, iPad, and iPod, what would be a good reason to switch over to a MAC? I mean, what are the pros and cons for buying a MAC? Being serious asking this. Lately, I have been thinking about going for one and trying it out, but the only chance I really get to "try" one out is a demo model at Best Buy or something and with the limited time that I am there in the store, I just tend to get more annoyed with the navigation of the thing. I know that if I were to sit down with one at home and fiddle with it hours, it would eventually get to be bout as easy to me as the laptop I'm using now. But, just curious.

5. tbone1321

tbone1321 Premium Member

Easier to use and no viruses also they are usually faster

Blake how much are you asking for it I would be interested

6. Benton

Benton Premium Member

Easier to use is subjective. I find Macs much more confusing and counter intuitive personally.

And Macs do get viruses. Not as many as PCs, but that's largely due to market share. The number of Mac viruses out on the web has been steadily increasing the past few years as Apple's market share has increased. If I'm going to write a virus to steal credit card numbers, it'll be for whichever machine is in greatest numbers, thus maximizing the credit card numbers I could steal. Etc.

There are good reasons to own a Mac. If you're never going to upgrade it yourself, no reason to get a PC. If you do a lot of graphic design and video editing (professional level), there are some superb software programs for those purposes on the Mac OS that isn't available for windows. (Despite apples aversion to all things flash.)

I will say, generally apple overcharges you for component upgrades when you buy a Mac. When you're customizing your computer, add a couple of gigs of RAM, see how much Apple wants to charge for it. Then check the price of the exact same component off of any number of computer websites. You'll be shocked. Just did this experiment on their Mac Pro. Apple's price to upgrade from 3 to 6 gigs of RAM? $225.00. I can do that on my PC for about $100.00, maybe less.

I'm not knocking Macs entirely, I'm just saying, 95% of the people I know who are Mac crazy don't really know why they like Macs. It's just the chic thing to them. Hipsters. :p

(tbone, this isn't an insult to you at all, please don't take it that way. Just that little phrase set me off on my Mac rant.)

7. Blake Bowden

• I prefer OSX over Windows
    • You must own a Mac to develop and publish iOS apps
    • I use Final Cut Pro for video editing
    • Apple Warranty and Support. If I have any problem I can take my Mac to an Apple store
    • Far less worry about computer viruses. I've never been infected.
    • Bootcamp allows me to run both Windows and OSX on the same machine
    • Seamless backups with Time Machine
    • Excellent iLife suite (iTunes, Garage Band, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, etc.)
    • Build quality
    • Lack of crapware. No bloated trial software, demoware, adware, etc.
    • Genius Bar. Have a question about burning a DVD? Need help learning how to edit a movie? Just setup a free one on one appointment at an Apple Store with a mac genius.
    • Spotlight search

That being said, I'm on my PC right now..lol. I use it to stream movies to my TV, browsing, etc. I bought it a couple of months ago for $500 and so far it's been a great computer. Unfortunately, you're not going to find anything in that price range from apple.

@tbone - I'm asking $1300

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  8. Brent Heilman

Brent Heilman Premium Member

Well I am guess I am an outsider in the computer world. I am a Linux user. I do however run OSX in a virtual machine for the purpose of trying to develop an iPhone app. I have tried to use a Mac and never could get used to it. I prefer Linux since it is the most stable of all the OSs out there and with many kinds of Linux around you can get what you want in an OS and viruses are of no concern really since most of the malicious code is written for Windows or Mac. That being said I still want a Mac at some point for the photo and video editing software that is available for it because it is far and away the best platform for that.

9. tbone1321

tbone1321 Premium Member

I am interested in it but need to get back from Vegas before I buy anything if you still have it when I get back I will let you lnow

Share My Freemasonry